General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

A product I would like to see...

Started by brian lanning · · Last activity · 56 posts · 1,020 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 July 2004
Last activity
2 August 2004
Original author
brian lanning
Posts
56
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,020
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 56
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    brian

  2. On 20 Jul 2004 08:41:47 -0700, brian lanning <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    brian

    Really? Do you have a hand mixer? It takes less than minute with a hand
    mixer.

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

  3. Quoted message said:

    Really? Do you have a hand mixer? It takes less than minute with a hand
    mixer.

    But you have to wash the mixer & the bowl. If it came in a can, you could use
    a little and when it's gone, toss the can. That's something I've been wishing
    for, too.

    Along with a low carb French dressing that tastes like Western and a really
    good bottle of low carb catsup.

    Debbie in MN
    http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/myhomepage/textilearts.html

  4. At Wal-mart I saw a Splenda sweetened heavy whipped cream product in a spray
    can. It is made by Land-O-Lakes, but I can't remember the name of the
    product. At the store by my house, it was in the refrigerated island in
    front of the cream cheese.

    Tom Schoeneweis
    372/360/225 (lc since 7/6/04)

  5. brian lanning intoned :

    Quoted message said:


    I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    Land-o-Lakes makes canned spray whipped cream with splenda. I get it in
    Walmart.

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    People are exponentially funnier when they're in rant mode. - Top5.com

  6. (Debbie) said:

    But you have to wash the mixer & the bowl. If it came in a can, you could use
    a little and when it's gone, toss the can. That's something I've been wishing
    for, too.
    Debbie in MN
    http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/myhomepage/textilearts.html

    We whip our cream in a wide mug which, at times, serves as the dish
    out of which we eat. The tiny wand (not hand mixer) is so small it
    takes very little time to wash.

    PoohBear

  7. Cool! I've never seen it there...what does the can look like?

    "Sam" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    brian lanning intoned :

    Quoted message said:


    I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    Land-o-Lakes makes canned spray whipped cream with splenda. I get it


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Walmart.

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    People are exponentially funnier when they're in rant mode. - Top5.com

  8. RT said:

    Cool! I've never seen it there...what does the can look like?

    Cylindrical shape. 😉
    --
    LCing since 7/10/04 - 6'3" 230/227/190

    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and
    a radio." - Rodney Dangerfield

    Now playing: the radio

  9. Hmm. A Google search showed many other references to it, but nothing at the
    landolakes web site.
    http://www.landolakes.com/ourCompany/ProductFinder.cfm

    However, In the past, a lot of people have mentioned the ISI charger (or
    other brands), check here.
    http://easywhip.com/

    You add cream (and splenda, etc) and a NO2 cartridge and it produces whipped
    cream on demand.

    HTH

    Steve

    "RT" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Cool! I've never seen it there...what does the can look like?

    "Sam" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    brian lanning intoned :

    Quoted message said:


    I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    Land-o-Lakes makes canned spray whipped cream with splenda. I get it


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Walmart.

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    People are exponentially funnier when they're in rant mode. - Top5.com

  10. Brian,
    I've heard through some forums I read that "Land O Lakes" now has whipped
    cream in a can.
    They say they find it at the Super Wal-Mart's.
    Susie

    Quoted message said:

    I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    brian

  11. In article <icdLc.127944$JR4.113181@attbi_s54>, "Scionyx"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:
    [...]
    :However, In the past, a lot of people have mentioned the ISI charger (or
    :other brands), check here.
    :http://easywhip.com/
    :
    :You add cream (and splenda, etc) and a NO2 cartridge and it produces whipped
    :cream on demand.
    :
    :HTH
    :
    :Steve

    I'm a happy Isi cream whipper user! Sooo easy...make and store in the
    same container. It's fun to vary the sweetener with different SF
    syrups. I was given the 1/2 pint size as a gift. However, I suggest
    using the one pint size 'cuz it cuts the charger price in half.

    Aloha...Sue

  12. RT intoned :

    Quoted message said:


    Cool! I've never seen it there...what does the can look like?

    Tall and purple with the words "0 Carbs" on the front.

    It wasn't right with the other whipped cream cans, but near.

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    It's not all lies - not all of it. That's the age-old dilemma.

  13. "Debbie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Along with a low carb French dressing that tastes like Western and a


    really

    Quoted message said:

    good bottle of low carb catsup.

    Debbie,

    I bought some Carb Options French some time back to mainly have on taco
    salad while the rest of the family used Western. Boy, is it good! I highly
    recommend it! I also bought and like the Heinz One Carb Ketchup.

    --
    Linda
    296/215/160
    LC since Oct. 13, 2003
    http://home.att.net/~lewis_linda/index.html

  14. I understand the desire for convenience of cream-in-a-can, but IMO,
    that cream-foam that starts to collapse seconds after it's applied
    is a [censored]-poor substitute for thick, rich, real whipped cream.

    It takes less than a minute to whip a small amount of cream with a
    hand-mixer or stick blender, and only a couple of minutes to do it
    with a whisk. The only extra item for washing is the beaters or stick.
    I whip the cream, and then add the berries or whatnot to the same
    bowl.

    --
    jamie ([email hidden])

    "There's a seeker born every minute."

  15. jamie intoned :

    Quoted message said:


    It takes less than a minute to whip a small amount of cream with a
    hand-mixer or stick blender, and only a couple of minutes to do it
    with a whisk.

    I only use it in my coffee... three seconds...

    --
    Sam-I-Am
    Failure is not the worst thing in the world. The worst is not to try.

  16. Sam said:

    jamie intoned :

    Quoted message said:


    It takes less than a minute to whip a small amount of cream with a
    hand-mixer or stick blender, and only a couple of minutes to do it
    with a whisk.

    I only use it in my coffee... three seconds...

    You could whip a batch then put it in the fridge. A few minutes to whip,
    then very little to spoon it out daily. I'm not a huge believer in having
    things around that do one and only thing. Sort of like a garlic press --
    what good are they?

    --
    Bob in CT
    Remove ".x" to reply

  17. brian lanning said:

    I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    anyone make this?

    Not quite as convenient but pretty close - I got a whipped cream maker from
    Williams-Sonoma. See:
    http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=srkn1%7Ctm%7Cv0%7Cwwhipped%5C
    scream%2Fhme%2Fhme&skus=4795415&pkey=xsrd0m1%7C15%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cwhipp
    ed%20cream&cmsrc=sch

    (sorry for long URL). This looks similar to the one I got only a bit bigger
    and more expensive. Mine only makes 1 quart of whipped cream, not two. But
    This is a great product. I throw heavy cream and a dash of splenda and
    vanilla (or other flavoring of choice) and I have my own squirtable whipped
    cream, and it keeps fresh for up to 2 weeks.

    Not *quite* as easy as Rediwhip - you do have to add your own ingredients,
    and you do have to wash the bottle. The web page recommends hand-washing but
    I throw mine right in the dishwasher and have never had a problem. And the
    TASTE and TEXTURE is so far beyond Rediwhip that I can't believe I ever ate
    that stuff. :-)
    --
    Debbie

  18. brian lanning wrote:
    | I'd like to see rediwhip (the stuff in the can or the tub) without
    | sugar. It's a pain to whip cream from those little cartons. Does
    | anyone make this?
    |
    | brian

    I just bought a can of Land O' Lakes whipped heavy cream (in the aerosol
    can) sweetened with Splenda. They list it as zero carbs on the can, of
    course, but it's actually <1 carb.. Found it in Food Lion grocery store
    here in Virginia Beach.
    --
    Peter
    270/215/180
    Before/Current Pix:
    http://users.thelink.net/marengo/weightlosspix/weightlosspix.html

  19. Sue Larkin <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <icdLc.127944$JR4.113181@attbi_s54>, "Scionyx"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:
    [...]
    :However, In the past, a lot of people have mentioned the ISI charger (or
    :other brands), check here.
    :http://easywhip.com/
    :
    :You add cream (and splenda, etc) and a NO2 cartridge and it produces whipped
    :cream on demand.
    :
    :HTH
    :
    :Steve

    I'm a happy Isi cream whipper user! Sooo easy...make and store in the
    same container. It's fun to vary the sweetener with different SF
    syrups. I was given the 1/2 pint size as a gift. However, I suggest
    using the one pint size 'cuz it cuts the charger price in half.

    Aloha...Sue

    Man...no wonder you guys can't lose weight eating all that whipped
    cream. How about going without? Stuff can taste good without the added
    calories of whipped cream.

  20. But we can and do lost weight!

    In news:[email hidden],
    billydee <[email hidden]> stated
    |
    | Man...no wonder you guys can't lose weight eating all that whipped
    | cream. How about going without? Stuff can taste good without the added
    | calories of whipped cream.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.