General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

a multiple part clothing NSV

Started by Miss Violette · · Last activity · 36 posts · 995 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 December 2003
Last activity
29 December 2003
Original author
Miss Violette
Posts
36
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
995
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–36 of 36
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yes, I'm completely OP & gung ho ;-D It'll take me longer to get back there than last time, as I'm
    on heavier medication which is notorious for causing weigh gain ;-( I might even have to reduce my
    points in a few weeks - time will tell. But it feels great to be fully under control again. Elaine K
    331.4/209.8/179

    Miss Violette said:

    Thanks, and I see from your sig you are losing again, that is just wonderful, Lee Elaine Kirkham
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, what wonderful NSV's, Lee! You've made my day ;-D And why shouldn't


    you

    Quoted message said:

    brag? You deserve it. Congratulations all around. Elaine K
    331.4/209.8/179

    Miss Violette said:

    OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear it


    this

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress
    at Burlington but


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for women, nice clothes, mid-
    range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH


    sees

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me try


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and
    says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how it


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    14/16!!!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy a


    one

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...

    We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a
    size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more
    NSVs...

    Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and sparkly things... NSV there as well

    The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best
    she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with the clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes,
    and the compliments I got... This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major
    part of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

  2. You'd lose the bet.

    Your party sounds like loads of fun. Very cool too that you made it through the event without even
    realizing what you'd missed (i.e. cinnamon roll). Glad you got through the evening without losing
    your lunch (or was it dinner?).

    Prairie Roots

    Miss Violette said:

    I think the disconnect was in fact how could be there nothing for me small enough, weird kinda
    expected to hear twilight music or something, and since you asked for it...

    at the party, a Shakey's Pizza buffet, where they make pizza to order for the bar and have all
    manner of everything good.. I had three huge plates full of food, BUT I still left the party with I
    think 17 or so flex points and since it was the last day of my week I could have gone crazy, but
    instead I had a load of zero and one point stuff and only one fried chicken leg and one piece of
    vegetarian pizza, and the part I am proudest of... I was out of there and having hot tea with
    friends at a bar and grill later before I realized I never even got my often saved for and
    anticipated cinnamon roll, about seven points and a treat as I am allergic to cinnamon so rarely
    feel I can tolerate this delicacy, and usually if we eat in there I want to cry when I feel I must
    pass it up because of my tolerance levels that day, man is that ever cool,

    and on a side note, I was the host for the door prize part of the party, I have done and get
    through public speaking things but usually hurl before and after from nerves, my friend didn't tell
    me before she wanted to do it so no pre hurling and again, only after I was in the grill on my
    second cup of tea... I realized I was shaky but not hurky, just too cool, Lee, betting PR had
    wished she had kept quiet

    Prairie Roots <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    First, you've earned some bragging rights. Second, I insist on hearing you brag. Third, how
    absolutely lovely to have a bit of difficulty finding things small enough.

    Prairie Roots

    Miss Violette said:

    OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I have lost enough weight that
    I have no real dress clothes to wear and I really have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so
    what if you only wear it


    this

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress at
    Burlington but


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for women, nice clothes, mid-range
    clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH


    sees

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me try


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and says,
    see how the arms are hanging, and see how it is here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then
    she says to me, You need


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    14/16!!!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy a


    one

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...

    We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a size
    14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...

    Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and sparkly things... NSV there as well

    The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best she
    has ever seen me, I was very pleased with the clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and
    the compliments I got... This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part of
    the party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

    Prairie Roots
    232/170.8/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003


    Prairie Roots
    232/170.8/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  3. Thanks, Fred. Elaine K
    331.4/209.8/179

    Fred said:

    Elaine slips in another good loss - congrats

    Elaine Kirkham said:

    Wow, what wonderful NSV's, Lee! You've made my day ;-D And why shouldn't you brag? You deserve
    it. Congratulations all around. Elaine K
    331.4/209.8/179

    Miss Violette said:

    OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party that I help another
    manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I have lost enough weight that I have no
    real dress clothes to wear and I really have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if
    you only wear it this year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at
    target, one red dress at Burlington but is just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to
    dressbarn for women, nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH
    sees a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me try it on, first nsv,
    it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last thing I bought in this store was either
    a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman walks up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just
    won't do, not at all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how it is here
    on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You need to go to the other side of
    the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on the "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at
    DH and say is this a bad thing, and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a
    misses 14/16!!! I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for the top
    and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy a one wear outfit for over
    eighty dollars... then...

    We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a size
    14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...

    Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those snowmen and sparkly
    things... NSV there as well

    The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best
    she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with the clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes,
    and the compliments I got... This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part
    of the party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I wanted, but I will
    not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

  4. Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten, now it's getting too expensive.
    There are seven kids altogether now, back then there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my
    own child if I want to! We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at my
    parents over the holidays to celebrate with all the kids together. This year we'll be doing it
    either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. My brothers and their families are at their in-laws, my
    sister and her family are staying home and so are we. We always go to the in-laws Christmas, late
    morning, but this year we've decided if they want to see us they can come to us. I don't feel like
    dragging Nicholas away from his new toys Christmas morning.

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:


    kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews and DH has two grown nieces
    and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party


    that

    Quoted message said:

    I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this

    Quoted message said:

    year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress
    at Burlington


    but

    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for


    women,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH


    sees

    Quoted message said:

    a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me


    try

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last


    thing

    Quoted message said:

    I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and
    says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how it


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need

    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:

    and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    14/16!!!

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one

    Quoted message said:

    wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...

    We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a
    size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more
    NSVs...

    Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and sparkly things... NSV there as well

    Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller


    sizes.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'm sure you looked wonderful!

    Quoted message said:


    The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best
    she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I


    got...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:

    but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!

    Quoted message said:


    Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

    Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice. I had


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now that we have Nicholas it's all
    different. This year should be fun, he's almost three and he's getting excited about the gift he
    asked Ho Ho to bring


    him.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:



  5. I am very happy for you and losing slower is fine as you know the cause,
    Lee, just so pleased
    Elaine Kirkham <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yes, I'm completely OP & gung ho ;-D It'll take me longer to get back


    there

    Quoted message said:

    than last time, as I'm on heavier medication which is notorious for


    causing

    Quoted message said:

    weigh gain ;-( I might even have to reduce my points in a few weeks -


    time will

    Quoted message said:

    tell. But it feels great to be fully under control again. Elaine K
    331.4/209.8/179

    Miss Violette said:

    Thanks, and I see from your sig you are losing again, that is just wonderful, Lee Elaine Kirkham
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wow, what wonderful NSV's, Lee! You've made my day ;-D And why


    shouldn't

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you

    Quoted message said:

    brag? You deserve it. Congratulations all around. Elaine K
    331.4/209.8/179

    Miss Violette wrote:

    > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers


    party

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that

    Quoted message said:

    > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:

    > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:

    > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this

    Quoted message said:

    > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    > dress at Burlington


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for


    women,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in,


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sees

    Quoted message said:

    > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me


    try

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the


    last

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thing

    Quoted message said:

    > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:

    > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need to

    Quoted message said:

    > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am


    on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:

    > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    14/16!!!

    Quoted message said:

    > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to


    buy a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one

    Quoted message said:

    > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    >
    > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a
    > size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    >
    > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:

    > and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    >
    > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I


    got...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:

    > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    >
    > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays


  6. both I really saved and ate a tiny breakfast and a subway five pointer for
    lunch, I was really pleased in the end, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You'd lose the bet.

    Your party sounds like loads of fun. Very cool too that you made it through the event without even
    realizing what you'd missed (i.e. cinnamon roll). Glad you got through the evening without losing
    your lunch (or was it dinner?).

    Prairie Roots

    Miss Violette said:

    I think the disconnect was in fact how could be there nothing for me


    small

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    enough, weird kinda expected to hear twilight music or something, and


    since

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you asked for it...

    at the party, a Shakey's Pizza buffet, where they make pizza to order for the bar and have all
    manner of everything good.. I had three huge plates full of food, BUT I still left the party with
    I think 17 or so flex


    points

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and since it was the last day of my week I could have gone crazy, but instead I had a load of
    zero and one point stuff and only one fried


    chicken

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    leg and one piece of vegetarian pizza, and the part I am proudest of... I was out of there and
    having hot tea with friends at a bar and grill later before I realized I never even got my often
    saved for and anticipated cinnamon roll, about seven points and a treat as I am allergic to


    cinnamon

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    so rarely feel I can tolerate this delicacy, and usually if we eat in


    there

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I want to cry when I feel I must pass it up because of my tolerance


    levels

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that day, man is that ever cool,

    and on a side note, I was the host for the door prize part of the party,


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have done and get through public speaking things but usually hurl before


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    after from nerves, my friend didn't tell me before she wanted to do it so


    no

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pre hurling and again, only after I was in the grill on my second cup of tea... I realized I was
    shaky but not hurky, just too cool, Lee, betting


    PR

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had wished she had kept quiet

    Prairie Roots <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    First, you've earned some bragging rights. Second, I insist on hearing you brag. Third, how
    absolutely lovely to have a bit of difficulty finding things small enough.

    Prairie Roots

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:58:30 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party


    that

    Quoted message said:

    >I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this

    Quoted message said:

    >year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress
    >at Burlington


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    >just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for


    women,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH


    sees

    Quoted message said:

    >a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me


    try

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    >on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last


    thing

    Quoted message said:

    >I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:

    >up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and
    >says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how it


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on


    the

    Quoted message said:

    >"woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:

    >and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    14/16!!!

    Quoted message said:

    >I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for


    the

    Quoted message said:

    >top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one

    Quoted message said:

    >wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    >
    >We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a
    >size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more
    >NSVs...
    >
    >Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:

    >and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    >
    >The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best
    >she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I


    got...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:

    >but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    >
    >Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays
    >
    >

    Prairie Roots
    232/170.8/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003


    Prairie Roots
    232/170.8/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  7. I always wondered ho my mom did all of that really stressful stuff at
    Christmas, there are four of us and lots of cousins. It was a
    travel/gift/eating marathon, and then I always wondered why my mom was sick
    through new years and beyond, the stress and exhaustion must be major when
    you have kids, Lee, grateful to be childfree...
    Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten, now it's getting too
    expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back


    then

    Quoted message said:

    there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my own child if I want


    to!

    Quoted message said:

    We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at my parents over the holidays
    to celebrate with all the kids together. This year we'll be doing it either New Year's Eve or New
    Year's Day. My


    brothers

    Quoted message said:

    and their families are at their in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are we.
    We always go to the in-laws Christmas, late morning, but this year we've decided if they want to
    see us they can come


    to

    Quoted message said:

    us. I don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys Christmas morning.

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:


    kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews and


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    has two grown nieces and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...
    > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers


    party

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that
    > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:

    > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:

    > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this
    > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    > dress at Burlington


    but

    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for


    women,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in,


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sees
    > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me


    try

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it
    > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the


    last

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thing
    > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:

    > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need

    Quoted message said:

    to
    > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am


    on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad
    thing,
    > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses
    14/16!!!
    > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to


    buy

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one
    > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    >
    > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a
    > size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    >
    > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:

    > and sparkly things... NSV there as well

    Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller


    sizes.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'm sure you looked wonderful!

    >
    > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I


    got...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I
    wanted,
    > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!

    >
    > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

    Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice. I


    had

    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now that


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have Nicholas it's all different. This year should be fun, he's


    almost

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    three and he's getting excited about the gift he asked Ho Ho to bring


    him.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >
    >
    >



  8. That is exactly when dh and I started hosting the holidays at our house ... wasn't fair to the kids
    to have to set their gifts aside and run out for the day. It only meant tears and fights, not worth
    it on the holidays. Now we seem to run into a bit of a problem, due to the age difference in our
    kids. Oldest is 29 and has a son of her own, she doesn't want to drag him out. We have two left at
    home, 19 and 16 ... not impossible but the youngest is not ready yet to give up *her* traditions.
    Sooooo ... we will spend Christmas Eve together at oldest girls home, then do our christmas day with
    her, her hubby and son over the week-end. It also will keep the grandson from being too overwhelmed.
    I've learned to be flexible in my old age. <g>

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten, now it's getting too
    expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back then there were 3! Now I get the opportunity
    to spoil my own child if I want to! We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get
    together at my parents over the holidays to celebrate with all the kids together. This year we'll
    be doing it either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. My brothers and their families are at their
    in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are we. We always go to the in-laws
    Christmas, late morning, but this year we've decided if they want to see us they can come to us. I
    don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys Christmas morning.

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:


    kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews and DH has two grown nieces
    and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond <[email hidden]> wrote
    in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...
    > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party
    that
    > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:

    > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:

    > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this
    > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress
    > at Burlington


    but

    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for


    women,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH
    sees
    > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me


    try

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it
    > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last
    thing
    > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:

    > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and
    > says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how it


    is

    Quoted message said:

    > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need

    Quoted message said:

    to
    > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on


    the

    Quoted message said:

    > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad
    thing,
    > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses
    14/16!!!
    > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for


    the

    Quoted message said:

    > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one
    > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    >
    > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a
    > size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more
    > NSVs...
    >
    > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:

    > and sparkly things... NSV there as well

    Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller


    sizes.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'm sure you looked wonderful!

    >
    > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best
    > she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I


    got...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part of


    the

    Quoted message said:

    > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I
    wanted,
    > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!

    >
    > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

    Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice. I had


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now that we have Nicholas it's all
    different. This year should be fun, he's almost three and he's getting excited about the gift
    he asked Ho Ho to bring


    him.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >
    >
    >



  9. When I was a kid we always spent Christmas morning at home, then walked the
    short distance (about 200 feet) to our grandparents house where we spent the
    afternoon opening more gifts and having dinner, which was usually early in
    the day (around 3:00 pm).

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    That is exactly when dh and I started hosting the holidays at our house


    ... wasn't

    Quoted message said:

    fair to the kids to have to set their gifts aside and run out for the day.


    It

    Quoted message said:

    only meant tears and fights, not worth it on the holidays. Now we seem to


    run

    Quoted message said:

    into a bit of a problem, due to the age difference in our kids. Oldest is


    29 and

    Quoted message said:

    has a son of her own, she doesn't want to drag him out. We have two left


    at home,

    Quoted message said:

    19 and 16 ... not impossible but the youngest is not ready yet to give up


    *her*

    Quoted message said:

    traditions. Sooooo ... we will spend Christmas Eve together at oldest


    girls home,

    Quoted message said:

    then do our christmas day with her, her hubby and son over the week-end.


    It also

    Quoted message said:

    will keep the grandson from being too overwhelmed. I've learned to be


    flexible in

    Quoted message said:

    my old age. <g>

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten, now it's getting too
    expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back


    then

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my own child if I want


    to!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at my parents over the
    holidays to celebrate with all the kids together. This year we'll be doing it either New Year's
    Eve or New Year's Day. My


    brothers

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and their families are at their in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are we.
    We always go to the in-laws Christmas, late morning, but this year we've decided if they want to
    see us they can come


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    us. I don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys Christmas morning.

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:


    kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews and


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    has two grown nieces and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > berlin.de...
    > > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers


    party

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > that
    > > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have
    > > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I
    really
    > > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only


    wear

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    > this
    > > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    > > dress at Burlington


    but

    Quoted message said:

    is
    > > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for


    women,

    Quoted message said:

    > > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in,


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > sees
    > > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    try

    Quoted message said:

    > it
    > > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the


    last

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > thing
    > > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then


    saleswoman

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    walks
    > > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is
    > > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me,


    You

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    need
    > to
    > > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am


    on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a


    bad

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > thing,
    > > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses
    > 14/16!!!
    > > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to


    buy

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    > one
    > > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    > >
    > > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > Christmas motif and a size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    > >
    > > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those
    snowmen
    > > and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    >
    > Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller


    sizes.

    Quoted message said:

    > I'm sure you looked wonderful!
    >
    > >
    > > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party


    said I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with


    the

    Quoted message said:

    > > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I


    got...

    Quoted message said:

    > > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I
    > wanted,
    > > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    >
    > And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!
    >
    > >
    > > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays
    >
    > Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice. I


    had

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    > time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now that


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > have Nicholas it's all different. This year should be fun, he's


    almost

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > three and he's getting excited about the gift he asked Ho Ho to bring


    him.

    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >

  10. Congratulations Lee!!! These are wonderful NSV's!!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party


    that

    Quoted message said:

    I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I have lost enough weight that I
    have no real dress clothes to wear and I really have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what
    if you only wear it


    this

    Quoted message said:

    year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress at
    Burlington but is just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for women, nice
    clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH


    sees

    Quoted message said:

    a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me try


    it

    Quoted message said:

    on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last


    thing

    Quoted message said:

    I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman walks up and after the
    initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and says, see how the arms
    are hanging, and see how it is here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me,
    You need


    to

    Quoted message said:

    go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on the "woman's side" now
    where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:

    and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    264/16!!!

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for the top and 16 miss for the
    skirt but it was because I did not want to buy a


    one

    Quoted message said:

    wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...

    We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a size 14
    skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...

    Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those snowmen and sparkly things...
    NSV there as well

    The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best she
    has ever seen me, I was very pleased with the clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the
    compliments I got... This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part of the
    party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:

    but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays

  11. it was a wonderful experience all around, thanks, Lee
    Janice Kennish <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:qktHb.59129$VB2.112023@attbi_s51...

    Quoted message said:

    Congratulations Lee!!! These are wonderful NSV's!!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers party


    that

    Quoted message said:

    I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers. I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only wear it


    this

    Quoted message said:

    year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red dress at
    Burlington but


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for women, nice clothes, mid-range
    clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in, DH


    sees

    Quoted message said:

    a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let me try


    it

    Quoted message said:

    on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the last


    thing

    Quoted message said:

    I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then saleswoman


    walks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not at all... looks DH and says,
    see how the arms are hanging, and see how it


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me, You


    need

    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am on


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a bad


    thing,

    Quoted message said:

    and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses


    14/16!!!

    Quoted message said:

    I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses for


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to buy a


    one

    Quoted message said:

    wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...

    We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with a Christmas motif and a size
    14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will be wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...

    Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those


    snowmen

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and sparkly things... NSV there as well

    The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party said I looked about the best she
    has ever seen me, I was very pleased with the clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and
    the compliments I got... This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I


    wanted,

    Quoted message said:

    but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,

    Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays


  12. When I was growing up, I remember being dragged all over town to visit relatives. I don't remember
    it bothering me too much, but was also something we just didn't have a choice in. I do know it
    bothered my mom. Packing up 4 kids and removing them from their new gifts, was not a fun chore. <g>

    When dh and I added our children to the family mix, we switched things around. It was really easier
    for grandparents to come to our home (one home) than for us to travel entirely different directions
    to two homes, plus adding a third home into the mix because of his earlier divorce. Now, oldest
    daughter has to also add another home to the mix due to her hubby's parents divorce ... so they
    would actually have to try to make it to 4 sets of grandparents as well as having their own family
    christmas. And none of this takes extended family (aunts, uncles) into account. Trying to schedule
    everything around mixed-up messed-up families can be very difficult! So I've just learned to be
    flexible and more easy going about things. Heck, birthdays themselves are a nightmare around here.
    This last year we ended up finally celebrating all summer birthdays and holidays (fathers day) in
    October. LOL! We are a tough bunch to try and get schedules working together.

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    When I was a kid we always spent Christmas morning at home, then walked the short distance (about
    200 feet) to our grandparents house where we spent the afternoon opening more gifts and having
    dinner, which was usually early in the day (around 3:00 pm).

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    That is exactly when dh and I started hosting the holidays at our house


    ... wasn't

    Quoted message said:

    fair to the kids to have to set their gifts aside and run out for the day.


    It

    Quoted message said:

    only meant tears and fights, not worth it on the holidays. Now we seem to


    run

    Quoted message said:

    into a bit of a problem, due to the age difference in our kids. Oldest is


    29 and

    Quoted message said:

    has a son of her own, she doesn't want to drag him out. We have two left


    at home,

    Quoted message said:

    19 and 16 ... not impossible but the youngest is not ready yet to give up


    *her*

    Quoted message said:

    traditions. Sooooo ... we will spend Christmas Eve together at oldest


    girls home,

    Quoted message said:

    then do our christmas day with her, her hubby and son over the week-end.


    It also

    Quoted message said:

    will keep the grandson from being too overwhelmed. I've learned to be


    flexible in

    Quoted message said:

    my old age. <g>

    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten, now it's getting too
    expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back


    then

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my own child if I want


    to!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at my parents over the
    holidays to celebrate with all the kids together. This year we'll be doing it either New Year's
    Eve or New Year's Day. My


    brothers

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and their families are at their in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are
    we. We always go to the in-laws Christmas, late morning, but this year we've decided if they
    want to see us they can come


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    us. I don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys Christmas morning.

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...
    >
    > kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews and


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > has two grown nieces and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond
    > <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > >
    > > "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > > berlin.de...
    > > > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers


    party

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > that
    > > > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois managers.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > have
    > > > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and I
    > really
    > > > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only


    wear

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it
    > > this
    > > > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    > > > dress at Burlington
    but
    > is
    > > > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn for
    women,
    > > > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go in,


    DH

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > sees
    > > > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to let


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    try
    > > it
    > > > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as the


    last

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > thing
    > > > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then


    saleswoman

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > walks
    > > > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do, not


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see how


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > is
    > > > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me,


    You

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > need
    > > to
    > > > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I am


    on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > the
    > > > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a


    bad

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > thing,
    > > > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a misses
    > > 14/16!!!
    > > > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14 misses


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > the
    > > > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want to


    buy

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a
    > > one
    > > > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    > > >
    > > > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans with


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > Christmas motif and a size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug will


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    > > >
    > > > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with those
    > snowmen
    > > > and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    > >
    > > Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller
    sizes.
    > > I'm sure you looked wonderful!
    > >
    > > >
    > > > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party


    said I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased with
    the
    > > > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments I
    got...
    > > > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major part


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > the
    > > > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had all I
    > > wanted,
    > > > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    > >
    > > And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!
    > >
    > > >
    > > > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays
    > >
    > > Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice. I


    had

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a
    > > time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now that


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > have Nicholas it's all different. This year should be fun, he's


    almost

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > three and he's getting excited about the gift he asked Ho Ho to bring
    him.
    > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >


  13. "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    When I was growing up, I remember being dragged all over town to visit


    relatives.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't remember it bothering me too much, but was also something we just


    didn't

    Quoted message said:

    have a choice in. I do know it bothered my mom. Packing up 4 kids and


    removing

    Quoted message said:

    them from their new gifts, was not a fun chore. <g>

    When dh and I added our children to the family mix, we switched things


    around. It

    Quoted message said:

    was really easier for grandparents to come to our home (one home) than for


    us to

    Quoted message said:

    travel entirely different directions to two homes, plus adding a third


    home into

    Quoted message said:

    the mix because of his earlier divorce. Now, oldest daughter has to also


    add

    Quoted message said:

    another home to the mix due to her hubby's parents divorce ... so they


    would

    Quoted message said:

    actually have to try to make it to 4 sets of grandparents as well as


    having their

    Quoted message said:

    own family christmas. And none of this takes extended family (aunts,


    uncles) into

    Quoted message said:

    account. Trying to schedule everything around mixed-up messed-up families


    can be

    Quoted message said:

    very difficult! So I've just learned to be flexible and more easy going


    about

    Quoted message said:

    things. Heck, birthdays themselves are a nightmare around here. This


    last year

    Quoted message said:

    we ended up finally celebrating all summer birthdays and holidays (fathers


    day) in

    Quoted message said:

    October. LOL! We are a tough bunch to try and get schedules working


    together.

    Wow Joyce, I couldn't imagine dragging kids to all these places either. DH and I only have the one,
    but with all he's been through this year, he didn't feel like going anywhere, so we just hung around
    home and had fun with Nicholas and all his new toys. His family called at 9:30 to see when we were
    coming over and DH informed them that we were staying home and asked them to come over, they said no
    one there wanted to come to our place. As it turned out 4 hours later, his mother, gran, brothers
    and sister showed up at our house. His father didn't come. They stayed for about 2 hours, then went
    and left us to ourselves again. We had a great day!

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    When I was a kid we always spent Christmas morning at home, then walked


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    short distance (about 200 feet) to our grandparents house where we spent


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    afternoon opening more gifts and having dinner, which was usually early


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the day (around 3:00 pm).

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    That is exactly when dh and I started hosting the holidays at our house


    ... wasn't

    Quoted message said:

    fair to the kids to have to set their gifts aside and run out for the


    day.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It

    Quoted message said:

    only meant tears and fights, not worth it on the holidays. Now we seem


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    run

    Quoted message said:

    into a bit of a problem, due to the age difference in our kids. Oldest


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    29 and

    Quoted message said:

    has a son of her own, she doesn't want to drag him out. We have two


    left

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at home,

    Quoted message said:

    19 and 16 ... not impossible but the youngest is not ready yet to give


    up

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    *her*

    Quoted message said:

    traditions. Sooooo ... we will spend Christmas Eve together at oldest


    girls home,

    Quoted message said:

    then do our christmas day with her, her hubby and son over the


    week-end.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It also

    Quoted message said:

    will keep the grandson from being too overwhelmed. I've learned to be


    flexible in

    Quoted message said:

    my old age. <g>

    Joyce

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:10:01 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten,


    now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >it's getting too expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back


    then

    Quoted message said:

    >there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my own child if I


    want

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to!

    Quoted message said:

    >We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >parents over the holidays to celebrate with all the kids together.


    This

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >year we'll be doing it either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. My


    brothers

    Quoted message said:

    >and their families are at their in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are
    >we. We always go to the in-laws Christmas,


    late

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >morning, but this year we've decided if they want to see us they can


    come

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >us. I don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys


    Christmas

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >morning.
    >
    >"Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    >berlin.de...
    >>
    >> kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    DH

    Quoted message said:

    >> has two grown nieces and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >
    >> > "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    >> > berlin.de...
    >> > > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers


    party

    Quoted message said:

    >> > that
    >> > > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois


    managers.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:

    >> have
    >> > > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> really
    >> > > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only


    wear

    Quoted message said:

    >it
    >> > this
    >> > > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    >> > > dress at


    Burlington

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >but
    >> is
    >> > > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >women,
    >> > > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go


    in,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    DH

    Quoted message said:

    >> > sees
    >> > > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to


    let

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    me

    Quoted message said:

    >try
    >> > it
    >> > > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    last

    Quoted message said:

    >> > thing
    >> > > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then


    saleswoman

    Quoted message said:

    >> walks
    >> > > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do,


    not

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see


    how

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    >> is
    >> > > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me,


    You

    Quoted message said:

    >> need
    >> > to
    >> > > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on

    Quoted message said:

    >> the
    >> > > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a


    bad

    Quoted message said:

    >> > thing,
    >> > > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a


    misses

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > 14/16!!!
    >> > > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14


    misses

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for

    Quoted message said:

    >> the
    >> > > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    buy

    Quoted message said:

    >a
    >> > one
    >> > > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    >> > >
    >> > > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > Christmas motif and a size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    >> > >
    >> > > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with


    those

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> snowmen
    >> > > and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    >> >
    >> > Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller
    >sizes.
    >> > I'm sure you looked wonderful!
    >> >
    >> > >
    >> > > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party


    said I

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >the
    >> > > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >got...
    >> > > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major


    part

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of

    Quoted message said:

    >> the
    >> > > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had


    all I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > wanted,
    >> > > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    >> >
    >> > And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!
    >> >
    >> > >
    >> > > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays
    >> >
    >> > Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had

    Quoted message said:

    > a
    >> > time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we

    Quoted message said:

    >> > have Nicholas it's all different. This year should be fun, he's


    almost

    Quoted message said:

    >> > three and he's getting excited about the gift he asked Ho Ho to


    bring

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >him.
    >> >
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >>
    >

  14. it looked like a lot of stress and I still have my original parents, this
    year we opened gifts at my sister's and moms, they live a quarter mile
    apart, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    When I was growing up, I remember being dragged all over town to visit


    relatives.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't remember it bothering me too much, but was also something we just


    didn't

    Quoted message said:

    have a choice in. I do know it bothered my mom. Packing up 4 kids and


    removing

    Quoted message said:

    them from their new gifts, was not a fun chore. <g>

    When dh and I added our children to the family mix, we switched things


    around. It

    Quoted message said:

    was really easier for grandparents to come to our home (one home) than for


    us to

    Quoted message said:

    travel entirely different directions to two homes, plus adding a third


    home into

    Quoted message said:

    the mix because of his earlier divorce. Now, oldest daughter has to also


    add

    Quoted message said:

    another home to the mix due to her hubby's parents divorce ... so they


    would

    Quoted message said:

    actually have to try to make it to 4 sets of grandparents as well as


    having their

    Quoted message said:

    own family christmas. And none of this takes extended family (aunts,


    uncles) into

    Quoted message said:

    account. Trying to schedule everything around mixed-up messed-up families


    can be

    Quoted message said:

    very difficult! So I've just learned to be flexible and more easy going


    about

    Quoted message said:

    things. Heck, birthdays themselves are a nightmare around here. This


    last year

    Quoted message said:

    we ended up finally celebrating all summer birthdays and holidays (fathers


    day) in

    Quoted message said:

    October. LOL! We are a tough bunch to try and get schedules working


    together.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    When I was a kid we always spent Christmas morning at home, then walked


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    short distance (about 200 feet) to our grandparents house where we spent


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    afternoon opening more gifts and having dinner, which was usually early


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the day (around 3:00 pm).

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    That is exactly when dh and I started hosting the holidays at our house


    ... wasn't

    Quoted message said:

    fair to the kids to have to set their gifts aside and run out for the


    day.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It

    Quoted message said:

    only meant tears and fights, not worth it on the holidays. Now we seem


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    run

    Quoted message said:

    into a bit of a problem, due to the age difference in our kids. Oldest


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    29 and

    Quoted message said:

    has a son of her own, she doesn't want to drag him out. We have two


    left

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at home,

    Quoted message said:

    19 and 16 ... not impossible but the youngest is not ready yet to give


    up

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    *her*

    Quoted message said:

    traditions. Sooooo ... we will spend Christmas Eve together at oldest


    girls home,

    Quoted message said:

    then do our christmas day with her, her hubby and son over the


    week-end.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It also

    Quoted message said:

    will keep the grandson from being too overwhelmed. I've learned to be


    flexible in

    Quoted message said:

    my old age. <g>

    Joyce

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:10:01 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten,


    now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >it's getting too expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back


    then

    Quoted message said:

    >there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my own child if I


    want

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to!

    Quoted message said:

    >We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >parents over the holidays to celebrate with all the kids together.


    This

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >year we'll be doing it either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. My


    brothers

    Quoted message said:

    >and their families are at their in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are
    >we. We always go to the in-laws Christmas,


    late

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >morning, but this year we've decided if they want to see us they can


    come

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >us. I don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys


    Christmas

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >morning.
    >
    >"Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    >berlin.de...
    >>
    >> kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    DH

    Quoted message said:

    >> has two grown nieces and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >
    >> > "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    >> > berlin.de...
    >> > > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers


    party

    Quoted message said:

    >> > that
    >> > > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois


    managers.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:

    >> have
    >> > > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> really
    >> > > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only


    wear

    Quoted message said:

    >it
    >> > this
    >> > > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    >> > > dress at


    Burlington

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >but
    >> is
    >> > > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >women,
    >> > > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go


    in,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    DH

    Quoted message said:

    >> > sees
    >> > > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to


    let

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    me

    Quoted message said:

    >try
    >> > it
    >> > > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    last

    Quoted message said:

    >> > thing
    >> > > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then


    saleswoman

    Quoted message said:

    >> walks
    >> > > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do,


    not

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see


    how

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    >> is
    >> > > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me,


    You

    Quoted message said:

    >> need
    >> > to
    >> > > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on

    Quoted message said:

    >> the
    >> > > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a


    bad

    Quoted message said:

    >> > thing,
    >> > > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a


    misses

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > 14/16!!!
    >> > > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14


    misses

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for

    Quoted message said:

    >> the
    >> > > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    buy

    Quoted message said:

    >a
    >> > one
    >> > > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    >> > >
    >> > > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > Christmas motif and a size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    >> > >
    >> > > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with


    those

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> snowmen
    >> > > and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    >> >
    >> > Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller
    >sizes.
    >> > I'm sure you looked wonderful!
    >> >
    >> > >
    >> > > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party


    said I

    Quoted message said:

    >> > > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >the
    >> > > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >got...
    >> > > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major


    part

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of

    Quoted message said:

    >> the
    >> > > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had


    all I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> > wanted,
    >> > > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    >> >
    >> > And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!
    >> >
    >> > >
    >> > > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays
    >> >
    >> > Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had

    Quoted message said:

    > a
    >> > time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we

    Quoted message said:

    >> > have Nicholas it's all different. This year should be fun, he's


    almost

    Quoted message said:

    >> > three and he's getting excited about the gift he asked Ho Ho to


    bring

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >him.
    >> >
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >>
    >

  15. Brenda Hammond said:


    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    When I was growing up, I remember being dragged all over town to visit


    relatives.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't remember it bothering me too much, but was also something we just


    didn't

    Quoted message said:

    have a choice in. I do know it bothered my mom. Packing up 4 kids and


    removing

    Quoted message said:

    them from their new gifts, was not a fun chore. <g>

    When dh and I added our children to the family mix, we switched things


    around. It

    Quoted message said:

    was really easier for grandparents to come to our home (one home) than for


    us to

    Quoted message said:

    travel entirely different directions to two homes, plus adding a third


    home into

    Quoted message said:

    the mix because of his earlier divorce. Now, oldest daughter has to also


    add

    Quoted message said:

    another home to the mix due to her hubby's parents divorce ... so they


    would

    Quoted message said:

    actually have to try to make it to 4 sets of grandparents as well as


    having their

    Quoted message said:

    own family christmas. And none of this takes extended family (aunts,


    uncles) into

    Quoted message said:

    account. Trying to schedule everything around mixed-up messed-up families


    can be

    Quoted message said:

    very difficult! So I've just learned to be flexible and more easy going


    about

    Quoted message said:

    things. Heck, birthdays themselves are a nightmare around here. This


    last year

    Quoted message said:

    we ended up finally celebrating all summer birthdays and holidays (fathers


    day) in

    Quoted message said:

    October. LOL! We are a tough bunch to try and get schedules working


    together.

    Wow Joyce, I couldn't imagine dragging kids to all these places either. DH and I only have the one,
    but with all he's been through this year, he didn't feel like going anywhere, so we just hung
    around home and had fun with Nicholas and all his new toys. His family called at 9:30 to see when
    we were coming over and DH informed them that we were staying home and asked them to come over,
    they said no one there wanted to come to our place. As it turned out 4 hours later, his mother,
    gran, brothers and sister showed up at our house. His father didn't come. They stayed for about 2
    hours, then went and left us to ourselves again. We had a great day!

    That's really why I did become flexible. First, we really had no choice when the oldest was little -
    holidays were always a battle due to the divorce. When ex-wife finally remarried, her hub and I
    insisted mom and dad sit down and learn to get along in the same room ... was really the only way
    their daughter would survive. The *kids* are becoming smarter now, throw one party and invite all
    family members - divorced or not. Whoever comes comes, whoever doesn't doesn't ... is their loss not
    hers. I had the same attitude when I hosted the holidays. Not gonna sweat over trying to appease
    each individual person. If they want to join into the family gathering, great. If not - I refuse to
    lose any sleep over it. Sounds to me like your holiday was much the same. It isn't any further for
    your family members to drive to your home, than it is for you to drive to theirs. If they want to
    see you and their grandson/nephew/whatever - then sometimes they have to make the effort too. Glad
    most were able to come and visit for a bit.

    That said ... grandson and parents arrived this afternoon, shared presents, had dinner, sat and
    yakked for a few hours (after watching our opthamologist on television). A wonderful time was had
    by all. <g>

    Joyce

  16. We no longer allow it to stress us out, and by being flexible it allows my daughter to be relatively
    stress free also. Family gatherings are supposed to be fun, not a chore ... so when they happen,
    they happen. Today was fun, was like having Christmas all over again!

    Joyce

    Miss Violette said:

    it looked like a lot of stress and I still have my original parents, this year we opened gifts at
    my sister's and moms, they live a quarter mile apart, Lee Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    When I was growing up, I remember being dragged all over town to visit


    relatives.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't remember it bothering me too much, but was also something we just


    didn't

    Quoted message said:

    have a choice in. I do know it bothered my mom. Packing up 4 kids and


    removing

    Quoted message said:

    them from their new gifts, was not a fun chore. <g>

    When dh and I added our children to the family mix, we switched things


    around. It

    Quoted message said:

    was really easier for grandparents to come to our home (one home) than for


    us to

    Quoted message said:

    travel entirely different directions to two homes, plus adding a third


    home into

    Quoted message said:

    the mix because of his earlier divorce. Now, oldest daughter has to also


    add

    Quoted message said:

    another home to the mix due to her hubby's parents divorce ... so they


    would

    Quoted message said:

    actually have to try to make it to 4 sets of grandparents as well as


    having their

    Quoted message said:

    own family christmas. And none of this takes extended family (aunts,


    uncles) into

    Quoted message said:

    account. Trying to schedule everything around mixed-up messed-up families


    can be

    Quoted message said:

    very difficult! So I've just learned to be flexible and more easy going


    about

    Quoted message said:

    things. Heck, birthdays themselves are a nightmare around here. This


    last year

    Quoted message said:

    we ended up finally celebrating all summer birthdays and holidays (fathers


    day) in

    Quoted message said:

    October. LOL! We are a tough bunch to try and get schedules working


    together.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Brenda Hammond said:

    When I was a kid we always spent Christmas morning at home, then walked


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    short distance (about 200 feet) to our grandparents house where we spent


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    afternoon opening more gifts and having dinner, which was usually early


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the day (around 3:00 pm).

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > That is exactly when dh and I started hosting the holidays at our house
    ... wasn't
    > fair to the kids to have to set their gifts aside and run out for the


    day.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It
    > only meant tears and fights, not worth it on the holidays. Now we seem


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    run
    > into a bit of a problem, due to the age difference in our kids. Oldest


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    29 and
    > has a son of her own, she doesn't want to drag him out. We have two


    left

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at home,
    > 19 and 16 ... not impossible but the youngest is not ready yet to give


    up

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    *her*
    > traditions. Sooooo ... we will spend Christmas Eve together at oldest
    girls home,
    > then do our christmas day with her, her hubby and son over the


    week-end.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It also
    > will keep the grandson from being too overwhelmed. I've learned to be
    flexible in
    > my old age. <g>
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:10:01 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Before I had Nicholas I used to spoil the nieces and nephews rotten,


    now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >it's getting too expensive. There are seven kids altogether now, back
    then
    > >there were 3! Now I get the opportunity to spoil my own child if I


    want

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to!
    > >We do buy a gift for each other's kids though. We all get together at


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >parents over the holidays to celebrate with all the kids together.


    This

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >year we'll be doing it either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. My
    brothers
    > >and their families are at their in-laws, my sister and her family are staying home and so are
    > >we. We always go to the in-laws Christmas,


    late

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >morning, but this year we've decided if they want to see us they can


    come

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >us. I don't feel like dragging Nicholas away from his new toys


    Christmas

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >morning.
    > >
    > >"Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > >berlin.de...
    > >>
    > >> kids do validate the holiday season, I have nine nieces and nephews


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    DH
    > >> has two grown nieces and five great nephews, it is a blast Lee Brenda Hammond
    > >> <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >
    > >> > "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    > >> > berlin.de...
    > >> > > OK, so its time to get Christmas clothes for our annual managers
    party
    > >> > that
    > >> > > I help another manager put on for the southern Illinois


    managers.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I
    > >> have
    > >> > > lost enough weight that I have no real dress clothes to wear and


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> really
    > >> > > have nothing in a Christmas motif. DH says so what if you only
    wear
    > >it
    > >> > this
    > >> > > year, you should get something... so... Nothing close to what I want at target, one red
    > >> > > dress at


    Burlington

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >but
    > >> is
    > >> > > just a red dress nothing special, OK then onward to dressbarn


    for

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >women,
    > >> > > nice clothes, mid-range clothes that hold up pretty well, we go


    in,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    DH
    > >> > sees
    > >> > > a red outfit he thinks will do and pulls jacket off hanger to


    let

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    me
    > >try
    > >> > it
    > >> > > on, first nsv, it is a 14/16 I am feeling great about that as


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    last
    > >> > thing
    > >> > > I bought in this store was either a 22 or 24... Just then
    saleswoman
    > >> walks
    > >> > > up and after the initial pleasantries, says that just won't do,


    not

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at
    > >> > > all... looks DH and says, see how the arms are hanging, and see


    how

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it
    > >> is
    > >> > > here on her back, DH says I see your point, Then she says to me,
    You
    > >> need
    > >> > to
    > >> > > go to the other side of the store,, I stand there thinking but I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    on
    > >> the
    > >> > > "woman's side" now where do I go, I look at DH and say is this a
    bad
    > >> > thing,
    > >> > > and bless his heart he says, only if you don't want to buy a


    misses

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > 14/16!!!
    > >> > > I didn't buy the very nice outfit we looked at in a size 14


    misses

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for
    > >> the
    > >> > > top and 16 miss for the skirt but it was because I did not want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    buy
    > >a
    > >> > one
    > >> > > wear outfit for over eighty dollars... then...
    > >> > >
    > >> > > We end up buying me a size medium button up shirt at Gordmans


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a
    > >> > > Christmas motif and a size 14 skirt, that while a bit too snug


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be
    > >> > > wearable for quite a while... Two more NSVs...
    > >> > >
    > >> > > Then to Wally world to finish off with a size 8/10 vest with


    those

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> snowmen
    > >> > > and sparkly things... NSV there as well
    > >> >
    > >> > Clothing NSV's are great aren't they? Congratulations the smaller
    > >sizes.
    > >> > I'm sure you looked wonderful!
    > >> >
    > >> > >
    > >> > > The party was great and my friend I helped to arrange the party
    said I
    > >> > > looked about the best she has ever seen me, I was very pleased


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >the
    > >> > > clothes, DH's taste and support, the sizes, and the compliments


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >got...
    > >> > > This is already too long or I would tell you I hosted a major


    part

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of
    > >> the
    > >> > > party and ate the buffet and was well under my points and had


    all I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> > wanted,
    > >> > > but I will not do that as it might appear I am bragging,
    > >> >
    > >> > And so you should. You've come a long way lady, flaunt it!!
    > >> >
    > >> > >
    > >> > > Lee actually starting to look forward to the holidays
    > >> >
    > >> > Glad you're looking forward to the holidays Lee. That's so nice.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had
    > > a
    > >> > time in my life when I didn't look forward to Christmas, but now


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we
    > >> > have Nicholas it's all different. This year should be fun, he's
    almost
    > >> > three and he's getting excited about the gift he asked Ho Ho to


    bring

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >him.
    > >> >
    > >> > >
    > >> > >
    > >> > >
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >>
    > >
    >


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.