Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

700c Road Bike Tire choices?

Started by Jaguar27 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,614 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 July 2004
Last activity
30 July 2004
Original author
Jaguar27
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,614
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone...
    I'm looking for advice on 700c Road Tires...
    I put a set of Hutchinson Carbon Comps on my Cannondale around 700 miles ago...last Saturday I went for a ride and noticed the rear Tire was through to the Kevlar in quite a few places...

    I bought a new one (from supergo, only $20) because I was really happy with the ride and general all-round performance etc....700 miles isn't bad for the way I ride...

    So anyway, my question is....I'm looking for a Tire that doesn't slit or Puncture quite so easily...weight isn't a factor...price isn't either..I just hate getting a flat...

    What is the most puncture resistant Tire one can buy? And yes, I know any road tire is prone to puncture easily...but can anyone recommend something a bit more durable with good performance qualities?

    Thanks a million!!

    🙂

  2. Jaguar27 said:

    Hello everyone...
    I'm looking for advice on 700c Road Tires...
    I put a set of Hutchinson Carbon Comps on my Cannondale around 700 miles ago...last Saturday I went for a ride and noticed the rear Tire was through to the Kevlar in quite a few places...

    I bought a new one (from supergo, only $20) because I was really happy with the ride and general all-round performance etc....700 miles isn't bad for the way I ride...

    So anyway, my question is....I'm looking for a Tire that doesn't slit or Puncture quite so easily...weight isn't a factor...price isn't either..I just hate getting a flat...

    What is the most puncture resistant Tire one can buy? And yes, I know any road tire is prone to puncture easily...but can anyone recommend something a bit more durable with good performance qualities?

    Thanks a million!!

    🙂


    Continental Duraskins are good.

  3. Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres are absolutely nuclear war proof!

    Well, they've been good for me anyway! I used to get a couple of punctures a week and haven't had one for months now. They laugh in the face of glass. Been a lifesaver!

    Make sure you get the "Plus" ones though. Standard Marathons are good too, but nowhere near as puncture resistant as the Plus. Check out their website for info.

  4. I've had good luck riding on Michellin Axial Carbons. Not the greatest performance (however, I'm comparing to Vittoria Open Corsa, which also were very nice tires). The Axial Carbons are supposed to last 3k miles. I've got at least 2k on them, part of that being on the trainer, and they are holding up well.

    I've only had 2 flats in 3 years . One was from a 3 inch nail that went totally through the tire and was sticking out the other side. I still use that tire on the rear. No problems since. The other was a pinch flat which was my fault.

  5. simreg said:

    I've had good luck riding on Michellin Axial Carbons. Not the greatest performance (however, I'm comparing to Vittoria Open Corsa, which also were very nice tires). The Axial Carbons are supposed to last 3k miles. I've got at least 2k on them, part of that being on the trainer, and they are holding up well.

    I've only had 2 flats in 3 years . One was from a 3 inch nail that went totally through the tire and was sticking out the other side. I still use that tire on the rear. No problems since. The other was a pinch flat which was my fault.

    Although I haven't had experience with them myself, but several others here have raved about them, the Specialized Aramadillo tires are said to be quite "bullet proof". I plan on getting a set before I got on my next tour.

  6. TheDL said:

    Although I haven't had experience with them myself, but several others here have raved about them, the Specialized Aramadillo tires are said to be quite "bullet proof". I plan on getting a set before I got on my next tour.

    Thanks for the replies everyone...you've been more than helpfull!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.