rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

5 pallets, want higher

Started by caw89 · · Last activity · 29 posts · 624 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
14 May 2005
Last activity
19 August 2005
Original author
caw89
Posts
29
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
624
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–29 of 29
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My roll hop is a 4 pallet, the only time i made 5 i landed and the
    wieght threw one up and slammed into me, they were crooked. I like side
    hops cause the falls are usually safer, I want to jump higher to get
    higher crank climbs, to hop up small walls without setting up on top of
    them. I htink I really should be working on static hops, I can only
    static 4 pallets, and my seat in is about the same, but when I do a
    static I feel like throwin a ball with my left hand, I dont have proper
    form wihtout my prehop, its wierd.

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  2. 1. Practice

    2. practice

    3.Practice

    4 practice

    5 wear a helmet

    6 wear leg protection

    --
    zack

    beware of the evan!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4938
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  3. Ive been workin on my static and gettin smoother the lands.
    Edit: Never mind the quality.....

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: static.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/313296|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  4. Nice tuck!

    --
    U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
    'LiveWire Unicycles' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com)
    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)
    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)
    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)
    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  5. Nice jump, man!

    Nice dogs too, man! The Alsation looks into unicycles but the other one
    (sorry, don't know what kind it is) looks a bit bored of them. Cool
    dogs anyway!

    So what if he doesn't wear a helmet? It's his head!

    If you want to wear one, cool. But don't be all preachy about it.

    T.

    --
    DarkTom - Getting the hang of still-stands!

    Interesting/Annoying Comment/Quote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  6. Caw, you said yourself that you get concussions during stupid stuff like
    falling off your bed. I think half the unicycling injuries are during
    easy small stunts.

    I was at Acadia National Park last week and hopping the granite blocks
    by the parking lot of the visitor's center, they were only 20" or so. I
    landed a hop but lost my balance and fell backwards right onto my back.
    My helmet kept me from smashing my head on the sidewalk.

    A fall from 5 pallets could be very painful. It's just enough height to
    fall backwards and land on your head. You're a good rider. I like your
    form. Think about a helmet though.

    --
    BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

    www.skawabunga.com
    www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
    www.epluribusfunk.tk
    gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  7. bevans a nerd which is why he wants to protect his precious brain.
    brains are for losers, don't listen. booooooo.

    oh and in answer to your question, you definitely need more air. perhaps
    some nike airs would help..? practice slam dunking first.

    --
    zach_jucha - emulating dan heaton since 2002

    -Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

    - Homestar

    me: unicyclist forums
    me: what are they not good for
    alex: Serious, well thought out discussion?
    me: exactly
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  8. Personally I find if you throw the seat forward a bit when you hop you
    can get some extra height. Basically instead of just pulling the seat
    vertical in the air and stopping when it gets close to your chest you
    can tuck a bit more if you throw your hand forward as you pull up. If
    you watch video of most guys hopping 60cm+ you will see that most do
    this one way or the other. Its a bit odd to think about when your doing
    it but it works.

    (Just landed a 68cm (bit more than 26"😉 sidehop today, looking to find
    something around 70cm to work on now)

    --
    Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

  9. I've also found that building leg strength through sports other than uni
    helps a lot. For example, I just got back from a 12 day bike trip, which
    really built up my thigh muscles. After a couple practice hops to get
    the feel for the uni again, I had added 3" to my hop easily.

    (note: I was using clipless pedals, so I worked both of my thigh muscles
    {push/pull, or whatever}. If you're using regular pedals, the results
    may be different.)

    --
    vanman2004 - ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vanman2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9184
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40363

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.