Small towns are great in many ways, and I must say Aspen is one of the
best. Eight of us rode in the local parade yesterday, over 100 floats
entered, on our uni's. Ages ranged from 8 to 45, and wheel sizes ranged
from 16" to 36". My son and daughter rode with me and a few of their
friends as well. We had a blast riding for over an hour to complete the
circuit. I went back for a few more laps after that as well. The MC,
where the judges were, gave us a great shout for about 5 minutes as we
tried some freesytle, MUni and trials with a ramp, and just plain old
crowd pleasing riding. My coker was hauling ass making GS and Slalom
turns, etc. It was really fun to be in the parade with 7 kids and I.
I went to my favorite deli this morning to pick up the two local
daily newspapers and sure enough, each paper had me on the front page. I
felt kind of bad, making both front pages. The photographers were taking
lots of pictures of all of us, I had hoped the kids would make it. We
have a local air brush artist who does his stuff with our faces, it is
unbelievable how awesome of a job he does. The one picture you can kind
of tell the detail he goes to. The coker looks great with the r/w/b
paper in the spokes as well.
So, here are the two pics, I don't know how to attach two at once,
so they will be sent in two different posts. I hope you all had a great
fourth of july and got to enjoy the parades you rode in. Cheers. 😄
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Attachment filename: mike 4th july aspen daily news 04.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/221648|
+----------------------------------------------------------------+
--
aspenmike - unicycling albino
------------------------------------------------------------------------
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33725