Road Cycling · Public discussion

$4500 will get you a pro license and...

Started by Alec Sander · · Last activity · 7 posts · 433 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
19 March 2005
Last activity
22 March 2005
Original author
Alec Sander
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
433
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ....71st, 75th, 83rd, 92nd, 95th, 106th, 115th, or 122nd place. I bet
    Omer and Cameron were battling at dinner over who should be the
    protected rider for Sat & Sun.

    http://www.scvelo.com/sdsr/2005%20Results/2005%20SDSR%20results.html

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Alec Sander said:

    ...71st

    his time would have gotten him 3rd in the cat 4 race...at least he would
    have a podium spot, and some upgrade points.

  3. Alec Sander said:

    ...71st, 75th, 83rd, 92nd, 95th, 106th, 115th, or 122nd place. I bet
    Omer and Cameron were battling at dinner over who should be the
    protected rider for Sat & Sun.

    http://www.scvelo.com/sdsr/2005%20Results/2005%20SDSR%20results.html

    Well I guess it's pretty clear who won the battle over Subway GC
    supremacy yesterday at the RR:

    60th KEM, Omer Subway 03:57:22 +00:03:09
    DNS MCMANUS, Remi Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF MCKENZIE, Ryan Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF VANES, Kevin Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF CORNELIUS, Todd Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF HUGHES, Cameron Subway Pro Cycling TEam
    DNF RICHTER, David Subway Pro cycling Team

    By the way, is this the A squad that will be going to Georgia?

  4. Alec Sander wrote:
    ..com/sdsr/2005%20Results/2005%20SDSR%20results.html

    Quoted message said:

    Well I guess it's pretty clear who won the battle over Subway GC
    supremacy yesterday at the RR:

    60th KEM, Omer Subway 03:57:22 +00:03:09
    DNS MCMANUS, Remi Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF MCKENZIE, Ryan Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF VANES, Kevin Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF CORNELIUS, Todd Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF HUGHES, Cameron Subway Pro Cycling TEam
    DNF RICHTER, David Subway Pro cycling Team

    By the way, is this the A squad that will be going to Georgia?

    They are just training dude, it's only March, it's called "saving the
    legs", all the big races they are focusing on are in June, the First
    Union series, when Saeco and all the Euro teams show up Subway is gonna
    be firing on all cylinders.
    At least I hope so, I am starting to root for these guys in a Bad News
    Bears kinda way. I think it would be pretty cool if one of them won a
    big race - I get tired of seeing the same guys win everything.

    I have a Bad News Bears style story I was told, if it's ok to share on
    RBR without Kunich putting the smack down.
    I had a friend that was on a Subway-esque team and he did Corestates
    (and he did finish) and he said they showed up to the start line, and
    the team manager had given them all those tall 24oz water bottles in
    both cages and some of them had one in the back pockets of their
    jerseys too, because they didn't have anyone in the feedzone really, I
    think the manager was also a rider.
    They were told to try to snag bottles from other teams and conserve
    water, which is funny in the humid philadelphia summer heat.
    Anyway, this Italian dude on Saeco, Salvatore Commesso, lined up next
    to them with other members of his team, and start saying something in
    Italian to my friend and other members of his team, and they were all
    psyched that he was talking to them, here they were, at the big show,
    chatting it up with the Italian national champ, fellow pros.
    Then all the italian riders starting laughing hysterically and pointing
    at them.
    Commesso was pointing to his own one little water bottle.
    So one of the italians who spoke good english translated for them: "he
    said you are all going to get dropped with those big 2kilo water
    bottles, you need small bottle."
    EURO.

    $4500 is way too much just to be a pro. You used to be able to get a
    pro license for like $500 back in the day, early 90's, If I was racing
    back then I would have been soooo pro, I'd wear my pro license around
    my neck, I'd have t-shirts made, PROFESSIONAL CYCLIST, that I'd wear
    around the coffee shops and supermarket. I would have been THE MAN out
    on the group rides and tuesday night crits, even when I was getting
    dropped, I'd be a pro, jus out training, saving my legs for corestates.

    And you didn't get dragged around from race to race getting hammered
    either, you could just race locally and be PRO. Way better arrangement.

  5. Uh...all the other teams that are dropping Subway are also focusing on
    the same summertime races you mention. Only they are not getting
    dropped in friggin March.

    The Bad news Bears reference is not a valid one. When the Bad news
    Bears (Part 2 or 3) trucked it across the country to play in the
    Astrodome, they didn't go there to play against the Houston Astros.

  6. "Uh...all the other teams that are dropping Subway are also focusing on
    the same summertime races you mention. Only they are not getting
    dropped in friggin March. "

    Kaiser is "sarcasm impaired."
    The Subway "Pros" can be beaten by good Cat 2's.

  7. Alec Sander said:
    Alec Sander said:

    ...71st, 75th, 83rd, 92nd, 95th, 106th, 115th, or 122nd place. I bet
    Omer and Cameron were battling at dinner over who should be the
    protected rider for Sat & Sun.

    http://www.scvelo.com/sdsr/2005%20Results/2005%20SDSR%20results.html

    Well I guess it's pretty clear who won the battle over Subway GC
    supremacy yesterday at the RR:

    60th KEM, Omer Subway 03:57:22 +00:03:09
    DNS MCMANUS, Remi Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF MCKENZIE, Ryan Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF VANES, Kevin Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF CORNELIUS, Todd Subway Pro Cycling Team
    DNF HUGHES, Cameron Subway Pro Cycling TEam
    DNF RICHTER, David Subway Pro cycling Team

    By the way, is this the A squad that will be going to Georgia?

    Men's Results

    1. Gord Fraser (Health Net/Maxxis) 3.54.12
    2. Ben Brooks (JellyBelly/Poolgel)

    60. Omer Kem (Subway) 3.10

    DNF Ryan Mckenzie (Subway Pro Cycling Team)
    DNF Kevin Vanes (Subway Pro Cycling Team)
    DNF Todd Cornelius (Subway Pro Cycling Team)
    DNF Cameron Hughes (Subway Pro Cycling TEam)
    DNF David Richter (Subway Pro cycling Team)
    DNF Peter Femal (Subway Pro Cycling Team)
    DNS Remi Mcmanus (Subway Pro Cycling Team)

    ------------------------

    Two things:

    1. Looks like Ben Brooks was able to bring his refrigerator down to the
    Super 8 at San Dimas.

    2. Looks like it's time to pull the pants down of Team Subway for some
    "extract of cortisone" injections.

    Thanks,

    Magilla
    Coach
    iturnpro.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.