I'm thinking of lacing up a 28-hole front wheel for my Stratus. Nothing too fancy--probably an Ultegra hub and Sun CR-18 rim (15g spokes). I figure the the stock, 36-hole wheel is overkill, so I'm thinking that a 28 might be fun.
"M. Chandler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
I'm thinking of lacing up a 28-hole front wheel for my Stratus. Nothing too fancy--probably an Ultegra hub and Sun CR-18 rim (15g spokes). I figure the the stock, 36-hole wheel is overkill, so I'm thinking that a 28 might be fun.
Anyone already tried this?
I built a 28-spoke, Ultegra-hub, CR-18 rim wheel for my P-38 several years ago. After I sold the P-38, I put the wheel on my wife's Tour Easy. It's seen several Cycle Oregons and one Oregon Bicycle Ride (last week). It's still in perfect shape.
"Jeff Wills" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"M. Chandler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
I'm thinking of lacing up a 28-hole front wheel for my Stratus. Nothing
too
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
fancy--probably an Ultegra hub and Sun CR-18 rim (15g spokes). I figure
the
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
the stock, 36-hole wheel is overkill, so I'm thinking that a 28 might be fun.
Anyone already tried this?
I built a 28-spoke, Ultegra-hub, CR-18 rim wheel for my P-38 several years ago. After I sold the P-38, I put the wheel on my wife's Tour Easy. It's seen several Cycle Oregons and one Oregon Bicycle Ride (last week). It's still in perfect shape.
Thanks for the info. Because it was so difficult finding a 28-hole rim, I opted for 32 holes, instead (I was able to get a set of barely used LX hubs on eBay for the price of one Ultegra front hub).