2014 Trek 1.1 series

slick94383

May 6, 2014
So fairly new to cycling, love it so far. Been riding on the 2014 Trek 1.1 series bike since March 3rd. Wondering what everyone thinks about it. So far I have about 350 miles on it, again just getting use to it. But I have to say, I've already lost about 14 pounds and I'm becoming addicted. Has this happened to anyone else when they first started?

Well, our opinion of the bike is irrelevant. Your opinion is the only one that counts here. :)

Having said that I do think the 1.1 is a great bike.

I didn't lose much weight at all: maybe 3 lbs or so in my first year of road riding. Then again, I wasn't overweight to begin with, so there was no need to lose any weight.

I have never relied solely on cycling for exercise and it's probably a mistake to do so, although it's better to ride regularly than not to exercise at all.

Over the years, I've enjoyed basketball, hiking, walking, weight lifting, tennis etc. I like many sports as a participant and spectator. It's all good.

Reactions: slick94383
It's certainly one of the best starter road bikes for the money. I've been pointing my friends starting out towards it or the Felt Z100.

Reactions: slick94383
That's what the shop I went to told me as well. Wanted to see if I would get into before jumping into to an expensive one. New_rider: I agree when I'm not riding I'm lifting the weights at the gym. I just like the open air for the cardio.

Originally Posted by slick94383

So fairly new to cycling, love it so far. Been riding on the 2014 Trek 1.1 series bike since March 3rd. Wondering what everyone thinks about it.
I think the Trek 1.1 is a terrific bike to start out on. Do you feel better about it now? Good. Now go out and ride some more.

And Felt Z100s are dandy, too.