Greetings to all from Canada ! I'm considering upgrading to
the Zephyr seat when I purchase my Rocket. Anyone in the
"biggish" range like me ... (I'm 6"1" 220 lbs ) had any
experience with these seats? Not interested in achieving
land speed records you understand, just comfort comparable
to the stock RANS seat with a seat (the Zephyr) that seems
to be more transportable, i.e. can be collapsed/packed up in
a CrateWorks case for air shipment. Regards, Bruce
Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion
Zephyr Seats and Big Guys
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Recumbent bicycles
- Published
- 10 March 2004
- Last activity
- 14 March 2004
- Original author
- Bjbent
- Posts
- 4
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,149
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Quoted post said:
Originally posted by Bjbent
I'm considering upgrading to
the Zephyr seat when I purchase my Rocket. Anyone in the
"biggish" range like me ... (I'm 6"1" 220 lbs ) had any
experience with these seats?The Zephyr is pretty new. I haven't actually heard of anyone who has tried it.
-
I sat in the seat and could feel the aluminum frame against
my back. For me, this seat is not for touring but for fast
riding. Kinda like the Cobra seat is to Easy Racer bikes,
except not as comfortable as the Cobra. YMMV.Perry B
"bentcruiser" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Bjbent said:
I'm considering upgrading to the Zephyr seat when I
purchase my
Rocket.Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Anyone in the "biggish" range like me ... (I'm 6"1"
220 lbs ) had any experience with these seats?The Zephyr is pretty new. I haven't actually heard of
anyone who has tried it.--
-
I also have sat in this seat (on a Barcroft, so it was laid
way back). I could also feel the seat frame against my
shoulder blades. I'm 6'1" with a long torso. I would like to
try riding on it but I suspect that feeling the frame
against the shoulder blades would get old fast. However, I
found the seat bottom to be more comfortable than the
standard RANS seat.Bill Hole Rotator Pursuit BikeE E2
Perry Butler said:
I sat in the seat and could feel the aluminum frame
against my back. For me, this seat is not for touring but
for fast riding. Kinda like the Cobra seat is to Easy
Racer bikes, except not as comfortable as the Cobra. YMMV.Perry B
"bentcruiser" <[email hidden]> wrote in
message "]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Bjbent said:
I'm considering upgrading to the Zephyr seat when I
purchase my
Rocket.Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Anyone in the "biggish" range like me ... (I'm 6"1"
220 lbs ) had any experience with these seats?
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.