Road Cycling · Public discussion

Zefal mtb fenders, "dremeled" by default??

Started by maxo · · Last activity · 1 post · 507 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
30 March 2005
Last activity
30 March 2005
Original author
maxo
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
507
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got another set of those zefal CAB's, this time for the $8 Rockhopper
    (See my thread on this) and was hoping that they wouldn't be warped like
    the ones on the roadie (they were on sale, so it's not a huge deal). Well
    of course they were--Nashbar must have a really hot warehouse or
    something, since that CAB material is impossible to un-warp--mitigated
    with the struts, so no biggie...

    Anyhow, these fenders are WIDE--I forgot how wide 60mm is compared to my
    35s, and the fender is cut away on one side where it attached to the
    chainstay bridge. Apparently this is to offer chain clearance when you're
    rocking a granny--but the cut out is pretty extreme and jaggy. Could sand
    it down I guess.

    Wondering if they ship like this or did somebody "dremel" them and return
    them to Nashbar? Either way, they're pretty bulletproof fenders for $19,
    and I can live with the cutout if that's the way they're supposed to be. I
    really like the non-safety stays, as they look traditional and once you
    mount them, they're done.

    The seat stay hangar, as on all Zefal fenders I've used, is gimpy--but
    it's just a matter of replacing with a L shaped piece of sheet metal and
    some real screws. 😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.