Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

YOUR THOUGHTS: IMOLA or QUEST or CROIX DE FER

Started by LikeBike · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,040 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 April 2005
Last activity
17 April 2005
Original author
LikeBike
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,040
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi All --

    I'm looking for an all steel road bike and would like to get your thoughts.

    There are three bikes which made my final cut and are similar: Bianchi Imola, Jamis Quest and Lemond Croix De Fer. All three are steel and Shimano 105 group (Jamis has some Ultegra), Bianchi and Jamis are Taiwan made, Lemond is USA. I ride 20-30 miles per ride, 3-4x per week in season.

    I would appreciate any perspectives with regard to ride, build quality, reliability, etc.

    Thanks in advance--

  2. LikeBike said:

    Hi All --
    There are three bikes which made my final cut and are similar: Bianchi Imola, Jamis Quest and Lemond Croix De Fer. All three are steel and Shimano 105 group (Jamis has some Ultegra), Bianchi and Jamis are Taiwan made, Lemond is USA. I ride 20-30 miles per ride, 3-4x per week in season.


    I was also down to the Croix de Fer and the Quest about a month ago. I was able to get a 2004 Quest 3 weeks ago for $1170. That made the difference for me. The 04 model has Ultegra shifters and deraillers, with 105 brakes and Truvativ Crank. I think the Lemond may be a little better frame, but not enough better to go with that component group, its not even a complete 105 group. The paint job of the Quest looks much better as well, All black. I've put about 150 miles on it in the last week and I like it quite a bit. The steel rides smooth as glass.

  3. Thanks, Shane. Actually, I'm down to either a Bianchi or Lemond--although the Jamis is a nicely spec'd bike. All the bikes in the original post are Shimano 105 group--but it has been suggested to look at the Campy sets on both the Veloce and Sarthe. Hope I can make a decision soon.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.