General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

[YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS]

Started by Pandora · · Last activity · 64 posts · 1,961 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 August 2005
Last activity
9 August 2005
Original author
Pandora
Posts
64
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,961
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 64
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
    But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
    How much is 1 1/3 of cup? Cups are of various measure, you know...
    Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when you use
    the big pan or the muffin tin?
    At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin thin and
    how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?
    Thank you and sorry for all this questions.
    Pandora

  2. "Ophelia" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
    >
    > "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    > batter
    > > that I've put in the fridge.
    > > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter
    > I
    > > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
    > > stamps only for an a half?
    > > Thank you very much for clarifications
    > > Pandora
    >
    > I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
    > faster than the big ones🙂
    >
    They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
    raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;
    2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
    3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
    But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

    I think perhaps your oven was too hot also. I did warn you about
    different ovens. I am sure I mentioned to heat the tins ! I hope this
    won't put you off trying again!

    Ohh! Ophelia. Noooo! I will try again and I must try also Debbie's recipe!
    Yes. You told me ! I forgot to preheat the pan 🙂
    Pandora 🙁((

    Quoted message said:


  3. "Ophelia" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
    >
    > "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    > batter
    > > that I've put in the fridge.
    > > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter
    > I
    > > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
    > > stamps only for an a half?
    > > Thank you very much for clarifications
    > > Pandora
    >
    > I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook much
    > faster than the big ones🙂
    >
    They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
    raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;
    2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
    3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
    But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

    I think perhaps your oven was too hot also. I did warn you about
    different ovens. I am sure I mentioned to heat the tins ! I hope this
    won't put you off trying again!

    Ohh! Ophelia. Noooo! I will try again and I must try also Debbie's recipe!
    Yes. You told me ! I forgot to preheat the pan 🙂
    Pandora 🙁((

    Quoted message said:


  4. "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Bill" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter
    that
    I've put in the fridge.
    I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter
    I must
    put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps
    only
    for an a half?
    Thank you very much for clarifications
    Pandora

    yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
    had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
    appearance...

    Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
    this thing is normal!

    Please will you repost your url I haven't seen the pics yet

  5. TammyM said:

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the batter that
    I've put in the fridge.
    I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much batter I must
    put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the stamps only
    for an a half?
    Thank you very much for clarifications
    Pandora


    Heh. I have this picture of batter-dipped Yorkshire terriers.


    No that's a Corn Dog!

    Quoted message said:

    I know. I'm awful.

    More of a cat person, I gather?

  6. Pandora said:

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
    raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;
    2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
    3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
    But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

    No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.

    🙂

  7. Pandora said:

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top an
    raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;
    2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
    3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
    But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

    No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.

    🙂

  8. Pandora said:


    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Have you got a photo of cast iron, please, sf?
    Thanks

    Google is faster. 🙂

    For one big YP, I use either my 10" or my 12" skillet
    http://www.cookeryware.com/images/ironskillet.jpg

    www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
    raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
    look like!

  9. Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
    But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
    How much is 1 1/3 of cup?

    There are 8 ounces in a cup. You will need about 303 ml.

    Cups are of various measure, you know...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when
    you use the big pan or the muffin tin?

    Either. I only pour the batter to a depth of about 1/2 inch.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin
    thin and how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?

    If I remember right, the recipe I gave you should do for this size pan.

    Debbie

  10. Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
    >
    > "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    > > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    > batter > that I've put in the fridge.
    > > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much
    > batter I > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I
    > fill up the > stamps only for an a half?
    > > Thank you very much for clarifications
    > > Pandora
    >
    > I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook
    > much faster than the big ones🙂
    >
    They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the
    top an raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;

    Very important step. Put the meat drippings/oil in the pan and preheat
    until the oil is sizzling.

    Debbie

  11. Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    "Bill" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    > batter that I've put in the fridge.
    > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much
    > batter I must
    > put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
    > stamps only for an a half?
    > Thank you very much for clarifications
    > Pandora

    yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
    had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
    appearance...

    Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
    this thing is normal!


    Yes.

    Debbie

  12. "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top
    an
    raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;
    2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
    3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
    But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

    No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.

    🙂

    And how they came? How they was internally?
    Pandy

    Quoted message said:
  13. "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the top
    an
    raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;
    2) I haven't put the rack on the lower position (I put in the middle)
    3) I filled the cups over 3/4 (rather full).
    But, tell me, Sf. Did you try to make them too, today?

    No, but I've made them several times in the past few months.

    🙂

    And how they came? How they was internally?
    Pandy

    Quoted message said:
  14. "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:


    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio

    Quoted message said:

    >
    They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Have you got a photo of cast iron, please, sf?
    Thanks

    Google is faster. 🙂

    For one big YP, I use either my 10" or my 12" skillet
    http://www.cookeryware.com/images/ironskillet.jpg

    Beautiful. This kind of pans are very expensive, here!

    Does exist also cast iron tin?

    Quoted message said:


    www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
    raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
    look like!

    Ohhhhhhhhhhh! What wonderful! I hoped they would come like this!!!!!
    But I see that the recipe is different. Ross mavis use more flour (the same
    quantity of liquid and more eggs!
    I want to try this recipe.
    thank you Sf

  15. "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:


    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio

    Quoted message said:

    >
    They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Have you got a photo of cast iron, please, sf?
    Thanks

    Google is faster. 🙂

    For one big YP, I use either my 10" or my 12" skillet
    http://www.cookeryware.com/images/ironskillet.jpg

    Beautiful. This kind of pans are very expensive, here!

    Does exist also cast iron tin?

    Quoted message said:


    www.innonthecove.com/culinary_column.html Do you see how they
    raised straight up on the sides? That's what they are supposed to to
    look like!

    Ohhhhhhhhhhh! What wonderful! I hoped they would come like this!!!!!
    But I see that the recipe is different. Ross mavis use more flour (the same
    quantity of liquid and more eggs!
    I want to try this recipe.
    thank you Sf

  16. "Debbie" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
    But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
    How much is 1 1/3 of cup?

    There are 8 ounces in a cup. You will need about 303 ml.

    Ok. 303 ml!

    Quoted message said:


    Cups are of various measure, you know...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when
    you use the big pan or the muffin tin?

    Either. I only pour the batter to a depth of about 1/2 inch.

    Ok!

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin
    thin and how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?

    If I remember right, the recipe I gave you should do for this size pan.

    Yes. Ok! Tomorrow I will tell you. Thank you Debbie!
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:


    Debbie

  17. "Debbie" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    Debbie, tomorrow I will try your recipe.
    But I must ask you a thing: in your recipe you use 1 1/3 cups milk.
    How much is 1 1/3 of cup?

    There are 8 ounces in a cup. You will need about 303 ml.

    Ok. 303 ml!

    Quoted message said:


    Cups are of various measure, you know...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Than you said: "the batter should be about 1/2 inch deep"; this when
    you use the big pan or the muffin tin?

    Either. I only pour the batter to a depth of about 1/2 inch.

    Ok!

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    At the end I ask you: "how many batter shall I put in the muffin
    thin and how much if I use a big round cake pan of 9 inch?

    If I remember right, the recipe I gave you should do for this size pan.

    Yes. Ok! Tomorrow I will tell you. Thank you Debbie!
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:


    Debbie

  18. "Debbie" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
    >>
    >> "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    >> batter > that I've put in the fridge.
    >> > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much
    >> batter I > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I
    >> fill up the > stamps only for an a half?
    >> > Thank you very much for clarifications
    >> > Pandora
    >>
    >> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook
    >> much faster than the big ones🙂
    >>
    > They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    > raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    > pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    > those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    > souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the
    top an raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;

    Very important step. Put the meat drippings/oil in the pan and preheat
    until the oil is sizzling.

    I must remember, today 🙂)))
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:


    Debbie

  19. "Debbie" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    "sf" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 09:36:24 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
    >>
    >> "Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...
    >> > Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    >> batter > that I've put in the fridge.
    >> > I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much
    >> batter I > must put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I
    >> fill up the > stamps only for an a half?
    >> > Thank you very much for clarifications
    >> > Pandora
    >>
    >> I usually fill up to 3/4 full. Remember also that they will cook
    >> much faster than the big ones🙂
    >>
    > They turned out ok? I've only filled the cups 1/2 full and they
    > raised way above the tops. I still prefer doing it in my cast iron
    > pan (preheated of course). Oh, Pandora... don't forget to preheat
    > those tins too and put the rack on the lowest position. Think
    > souffle... which needs lots of heat from the bottom.

    Ohhhhh! Sf! Thank you! Now I understand why they were burnt on the
    top an raw on the internal base.
    1) I haven't preheated the tins;

    Very important step. Put the meat drippings/oil in the pan and preheat
    until the oil is sizzling.

    I must remember, today 🙂)))
    Pandora

    Quoted message said:


    Debbie

  20. "Debbie" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Pandora said:
    Quoted message said:

    "Bill" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:26:59 +0200, "Pandora" <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Ehy Ophelia! I'm doing yorkies this morning. I've prepared the
    >> batter that I've put in the fridge.
    >> I will use the stamp for muffins. But I want to know how much
    >> batter I must
    >> put inside. Considering that batter grow, shall I fill up the
    >> stamps only for an a half?
    >> Thank you very much for clarifications
    >> Pandora
    >
    > yours look alot more "airy" and "puffy" than mine did Pandora...mine
    > had too much flour and they were flatter and more "bisquit" like in
    > appearance...
    >

    Oh yes! But many of them "puffed down" when out of oven. I wonder if
    this thing is normal!


    Yes.
    Debbie

    This is a consolation 🙂))))
    Pandora

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.