I'm finally going threadless, but I want to keep my King headset. I'm hoping
someone wants to go the other way and go back to a quill stem. I have a 1"
silver king threaded headset. I want to trade just the parts needed to convert
to a threadless set up. Any takers? Anyone know where to get the king
conversion kit for less than $40?
-------------
Alex
rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion
WTT: Chris King 1" Grip nut for a 1" threadless
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- rec.bicycles.marketplace
- Published
- 6 July 2006
- Last activity
- 7 July 2006
- Original author
- Alex Rodriguez
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 213
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
You can buy small parts for hubs and headsets directly from King.
http://www.chrisking.com/MSRP/2006MSRP.pdf
So the kit would only be $39, but if you don't need the stem cap, bolt, and
star nut, then it would only cost $20 to get the right bearing cap and scuff
washer. That's all you'll need. (or you could add the cap, bolt, and star
nut for $14, which is $5 less than getting all the parts as the conversion
kit.) This way you can get all the parts in any color you want.jn
"Alex Rodriguez" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I'm finally going threadless, but I want to keep my King headset. I'm
hoping
someone wants to go the other way and go back to a quill stem. I have a
1"
silver king threaded headset. I want to trade just the parts needed to
convert
to a threadless set up. Any takers? Anyone know where to get the king
conversion kit for less than $40?
-------------
Alex -
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
says...Quoted message said:
You can buy small parts for hubs and headsets directly from King.
http://www.chrisking.com/MSRP/2006MSRP.pdf
So the kit would only be $39, but if you don't need the stem cap, bolt, and
star nut, then it would only cost $20 to get the right bearing cap and scuff
washer. That's all you'll need. (or you could add the cap, bolt, and star
nut for $14, which is $5 less than getting all the parts as the conversion
kit.) This way you can get all the parts in any color you want.Thanks for the info. I didn't realize I could skip on the kit and just get the
bearing cap, which is all I need. I have plenty of top caps and bolts I can
use.
-------------
Alex
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.