rec.bicycles.marketplace · Public discussion

WTB: Flat bar road bike parts

Started by Bill Graham · · Last activity · 1 post · 536 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.marketplace
Published
27 July 2007
Last activity
27 July 2007
Original author
Bill Graham
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
536
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. It's been a few years since I hung out on this group. Glad it's still going
    strong. Hopefully I'll be able to run into some of the folks I used to buy
    and sell with.

    I've got an old Diamondback Momentum for my wife. She's not big into the
    raod bike posture, and primarily wants to focus on riding paved trails with
    our kids, so I thought I'd convert this bike to a flat bar set-up. These
    parts will be available:

    Centurion bar/stem
    Shimano Exage Motion brake levers, aero w/ white hoods
    Shimano SL-A400 downtube shifters, 7 speed
    And possibly cranks/rings which are 40/52 Biopace Shimano FC-A400

    All of the stuff is nearly new. The bike looks like it was stored, but never
    ridden.

    Pics are here: http://www.violinobasso.net/diamondback/

    What I'll need:

    1" quill MTB stem, 90mm or 100mm (very little rise)
    Flat MTB bar
    7 speed thumb shifters in good condition (I don't want to do Gripshift or
    Rapidfire)
    Brake levers
    MTB grips

    I'm probably just going to run one ring up front. If that's the case, I'll
    have two close-to-mint Biopace chainrings available, or maybe trade for a
    non-Biopace rig.

    Ultimately I want to trade for what I need, at close to the same quality and
    condition, keeping it as simple as possible.

    Thanks for looking,

    Bill Graham

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.