Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Why 2003 Trek USPS no longer have USPS decals?

Started by Feanor · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,474 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 July 2003
Last activity
25 July 2003
Original author
Feanor
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,474
Views / 30 days
6
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. If anyone was curious,

    I purchased a Trek 5200 very recently (2003 model in USPS colors) and I was curious as to why all previous versions have the USPS decal prominently on the seat tube and the 03 models do not.

    Found out from Trek that they had to stop using the USPS livery starting this year because of a change in the licensing fees that would have made the bike several hundred dollars more had they continued to use it :P

    Just in case anyone was curious 🙂 If you're really into the livery, just get the official jersey and knicks from the website 🙂

    Feanor

  2. How big a bike nerd would I be if I wore that outfit on my Giant bike?

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by aychamo
    How big a bike nerd would I be if I wore that outfit on my Giant bike?

    If you could do a 47Km time trial in under an hour, I don't think anyone would care 🙂

    Feanor

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Feanor
    Found out from Trek that they had to stop using the USPS livery starting this year because of a change in the licensing fees that would have made the bike several hundred dollars more had they continued to use it :P

    Wow, that's bizarre. I got one of the first '03 5200's off the line and it did have the Postal sticker on it. But now I look at the Trek web site and it not only doesn't have the sticker, the paint job is slightly different. It has those swoosh graphics where it goes from silver to blue, and mine didn't have that either. Weird. Well, if you get one from the early production run, it may still have the USPS stickers.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.