Where can I watch olympic track cycling online?

Guaps

Aug 14, 2006
I went to nbc.com, but they don't even list any of the track cycling on their schedule - only bmx and road race. Is there any other place i can watch the velodrome races online since I can't seem to find it on TV in my area?

Thanks!

Guaps said:
I went to nbc.com, but they don't even list any of the track cycling on their schedule - only bmx and road race. Is there any other place i can watch the velodrome races online since I can't seem to find it on TV in my area?

Thanks!
NBC.com has live coverage of individual sports... usually without commentary though.

Julian G. said:
CBC has it listed for live coverage.
CBC is Canadian, correct? I'm not sure it will work. The reason is I found a viewer on a Canadian and an Austrailian site, but I have to be in that country to view it. I'm in the US. So then I found a site that has a tutorial on how to set up a proxy so it appears I'm in a different country, but it seems like a lot of work.

The other minor problem is that a lot of this is on at 1 to 3 a.m. my time, so I'm trying to find a site that archives this stuff instead of a live stream. I'll report back if i find something.

I found a good options for live streams. Useful if you can stay awake until 4 am. I also found one mediocre option for replaying archived races.

Here's an article about how to watch everything live. Includes links to schedules and instructions on how to set up proxy servers if you get really desperate.

As I was searching I also found several torrent files for Olympic events. I don't know how popular the cycling will be, but I would guess that someone will upload the cycling events and you could download them. This might not be available until several days after the event though (by the time the torrent has enough traffic to make it fast/easy to download). Not a great option, but it's all I've got so far.

Any other ideas?

Guaps said:

Thanks!

nbcolympics.com has online coverage of pretty much all sports including track.

earth_dweller said:
I'm sure that nbc.com points to nbcolympics.com for olympic coverage, pretty easy but just wanted to be helpful

oh and track is listed on the schedule:

cycling schedule (eastern time):
http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=ET/sport=CY/index.html
That's a different schedule than I found. I clicked on cycling in the left hand bar, and then clicked on schedule. There's nothing listed there. This is a much better schedule.

Thanks!