Commuting and Road Safety · Public discussion

Where can I lock my bike up????

Started by gweny01 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,081 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Commuting and Road Safety
Published
4 March 2005
Last activity
4 March 2005
Original author
gweny01
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,081
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I want to get a bike to ride to work on since I don't have a Drivers License...but there is no bike rack near my place of work... Can I just randomly lock it up to a railing that is aligned with the parkin spots for vehicles? or is that against the law???? How about a tree can I lock it to that?? Someone help me please! I live in Huntsville TX is that matters any...😕

  2. Talk to your employer so that you can find a place inside the building to stow your treasure. The boss should understand since that will be your only form of transportation, mine always did. Maybe behind a desk in the office or an empty closet. Look around and then ask him.

  3. I keep mine in the electrical room (where the scary switchgear hums) here at work. Depending on where you work, there is usually somewhere out of the way where you can store it. Maybe a boiler room or a air compressor building, anything dealing with utilities that isn't accessed everyday is a good spot.

    When I'm riding around town, I often run into the same problems. I don't worry about it and just lock my bike to whatever the cable will fit around; tree, railing, trash can, fountain, cop, whatever.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.