When is the exact time you usually go out for bicycle riding?

I tend to ride between midnight and sometime before the following midnight. FWIW, saying something like "16 p.m." is like saying "4 p.m. in the afternoon."

Some people might be suspicous why you want to know exactly when they will be away from home.

Originally Posted by alienator .
.... saying something like "16 p.m." is like saying "4 p.m. in the afternoon."
In my many years when my co-workers and I all used military time.... I liked to say things like: A quarter till 1600 hours (maybe... you had to be there).

Being retired I have the pleasure of being able to cycle whenever it's convenient... for me. What I've found is I prefer to cycle AFTER the morning traffic has pasted on weekdays. As the morning drive time drivers scare the crapola out of me. Rush hour (return home) is just about as bad. But in the summer... this does often put me in the mid-day heat.

But... we do always set the alarm when we leave the house. And the security cameras work 24/7.

Ont the way to work at 7am. On the way home from work at 4 pm. I try to do this a few times per week. Then after work around 5 pm 3 days a week. Saturday and Sunday is when it works out.

On a normal weekday when I am working: I ride a mile via the rail trail to the subway at 6:45AM (on my hybrid), then I ride home a mile at 4:45pm. When I get home I chill out for a little bit, change into the spandex, get on the road bike and go for the full 21 miles on the rail trail at around 5:30pm. I go for the long ride 3 or 4 weekdays. Then if I go out Sat or Sun morning I try to get out by 7:30am before all the weekend rail trail numbskulls come out haha.

Something to be said about riding in the morning. It seems to start my day with a great feeling. Kinda grumpy if I dont get my morning ride in.

I tend to like mid-morning too. Maybe a little earlier on Sundays. I'm slow to get going in the a.m. and need a few cups of coffee, catch some news, and get into the right mental attitude. Also, this time of year all the landscapers dragging their wide-body trailers are off the road and have gotten where they need to go. Next best time is 1300 to 1500, before the school buses are back on the road. Then a cigar and a beer. Ahh, what a day.

During the week I generally ride to work for quater to 7 and get off between 3 and 5 30 so i ride home the, its a total of 30 kms. then weekends when ever i can fit it in. I work construction so I dont generally go out out after dinner on the bike

I try to get out at the same time each day when I'm involved in a training block.

The time is determined by family life and business life.

But generally if I'm training I'll get out either in the early morning or early/mid afternoon.

Some people might be suspicous why you want to know exactly when they will be away from home.

OPSEC! PERSEC!

All daylight hours

Then a cigar and a beer.

I like the cut of your jib, sir!

Hey there! It's awesome to hear that you start your day with such a positive feeling! I totally understand the importance of security, especially when it comes to our bikes. It's great that your security cameras are keeping an eye on things 24/7. Safety first, right? Keep enjoying those early morning rides and have a fantastic day! :)

I would like to start at 7 am seeing most ride early around here. And the wind is supposedly more mild in the morning. But getting out of bed on the weekends after early mornings all week? Forgetaboutit! :D

I usually start at about 10 am on weekends and 6:30 pm on weeknight rides.

While an early start may have its benefits, it's not for everyone. Early mornings on the weekends can feel like a chore, especially after a long week. Plus, there's something to be said for sleeping in and enjoying a leisurely breakfast before hitting the road. And let's not forget about the benefits of a evening ride - the sunsets can be breathtaking and the temperatures are often more comfortable. It's all about finding what works best for you and your schedule. Ultimately, the most important thing is to get out and enjoy the ride, no matter what time of day you choose. #cyclinglife #rideitout #noonrideclub