whatever happened to tim haus?

freelywheely

Apr 10, 2012
Back in 2009, while on a cycling holiday in Northern Spain with my girlfriend, we bumped into Tim Haus - a self confessed globetreter well into his global cycling adventure. Even though our meeting was brief, Tim had a lasting effect on us. His story was quite interesting and we continued to follow his blog, http://globetreter.blogspot.de/ and talk about our meeting from time to time.

However, Tim's last post was in summer 2010 and his online presence has been zilch since then. We hoped that it would kickstart again at some stage but by now it seems unlikely.

So this begs the question: whatever happened to Tim Haus? Have any of you guys had any contact with him since then? We just hope that Tim is OK to be honest!

I just did a google search and found nothing. So I visited his blogspot and searched for his homepage (http://www.globetreter.com/).... which wasn't hard to find. Looks like his last enter was April 5th 2011. And it appears he has decided to settle down in Germany.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for looking, but that is not the same guy. In 2010, Tim was in Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Mauretania and Chad, but not in NZ. It is just a coincidence that this second person has chosen a similar domain name for his website.

Sorry to dig this thread up again, but...

The last I heard from him was that he found a partner (in Canada?) and had a child and decided to get on the road with them again. I think he deleted all of his social media as he somehow wanted to go off-grid.

I think of him from time to time because I went to school with him and considered him - for a time - to be my best friend. I was (and am) always impressed by his personality and charisma.

So, if anyone knows of him and his whereabouts, I‘d love to see a sign of life from him - at least to know that he‘s doing fine. PM would be ok ofc.

It's a shame when passionate cyclists like Tim Haus disappear from the online community. His global cycling adventure was certainly intriguing, and I'm sure many followed his journey with enthusiasm. However, his sudden absence from the blogosphere is disappointing. It's crucial for fitness enthusiasts like us to share our experiences and knowledge, inspiring others to pursue their passions. Tim's lack of engagement since 2010 is a missed opportunity for the community.