I've recently bought Cannondale bike with non-original wheels. I was told that the rims were made by Sun in 1997, but the labels are gone. They are 700C box section clincher rims that have 32 spoke holes with eyelets. Outside width is 18.3 mm, inside 12 mm, total height 15.3 mm, braking surface 11.3 mm. They weigh about 410 g each. Anybody knows what model could it be? Cheers!
-- Best regards, Rado bladteth Rzeznicki [email hidden]
I've recently bought Cannondale bike with non-original wheels. I was told that the rims were made by Sun in 1997, but the labels are gone. They are 700C box section clincher rims that have 32 spoke holes with eyelets. Outside width is 18.3 mm, inside 12 mm, total height 15.3 mm, braking surface 11.3 mm. They weigh about 410 g each. Anybody knows what model could it be?
That sounds a lot like the Sun M13II, a narrow rim with a very smooth, pillowy-looking shape (unlike most Sun rims). To me it always looked more like an Ukai product.
I've recently bought Cannondale bike with non-original wheels. I was told that the rims were made by Sun in 1997, but the labels are gone. They are 700C box section clincher rims that have 32 spoke holes with eyelets. Outside width is 18.3 mm, inside 12 mm, total height 15.3 mm, braking surface 11.3 mm. They weigh about 410 g each. Anybody knows what model could it be? Cheers!
You would probably get better guesses if you could point people to a picture.
These are polished, while mine are dull matt. Claimed weight (according to Damon Rinard's webpage) is 455 or 493 g, which places them in the same league as Sora hubs.
Rims in my Cannondale weigh around 410 g and were laced to Dura-Ace hubs with DT Competition spokes, so I guess they must have been a top of the range couple of years ago.
-- Best regards, Rado bladteth Rzeznicki [email hidden]