rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

What pressure for Torker 24 LX

Started by n9jcv · · Last activity · 3 posts · 411 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
9 December 2004
Last activity
9 December 2004
Original author
n9jcv
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
411
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a torker lx 24" that I use for riding on streets. The tire is
    rated at 65, I tend to ride with the pressure at 80psi. I weigh 170
    pounds.

    How about the rest of you guys, your feedback?

    --
    n9jcv
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    n9jcv's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7844
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36785

  2. Unicyclists often over-inflate the tire for freestyle and regular
    riding. With a good rim the tire can handle being over-inflated. The
    Torker LX has a good rim with a good hook to hold the bead of the tire.
    You're not going to blow the tire off the rim by going up to 80 psi.

    With a good rim it is not unreasonable to go 50% over the max
    recommended pressure for the tire. Some people even go higher.

    When going up to higher pressures you do need to make sure that the tire
    is properly seated in the rim. The bead of the tire should be even all
    the way around the rim. If the bead isn't even all the way around the
    rim you need to deflate the tire, push things around to make them even,
    and then reinflate.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36785

  3. I've been running mine at 45psi. I weigh 140lbs, and the lower pressure
    gives a little cushion for riding on the street and hopping on and off
    curbs.

    --
    phlegm - skill level e
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36785

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.