I was poking around looking for workouts to shake things up a little and found this article:
Association of British Cycling Coaches - Coaching Article
My view is that without evidence the physiological justification for the workout is basically speculation. However, I am at least intrigued.
The thing is I can't figure out what the workout is doing. From a pure power point of view it is L7/L6/L5. However, you're going to be a bit tired for the L6, and awfully tired when you get to the L5, so is that really going to develop L4? Or is it doing something else entirely different than we are used to talking about?
Curious what people think. The novelty here seems to be the suggestion that working several different levels in a prescribed order can actually promote different adaptations than you would otherwise think if you just added up something like "time in zone".