General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Whaddaya think about this?

Started by Melba's Jammin' · · Last activity · 41 posts · 450 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 November 2007
Last activity
8 November 2007
Original author
Melba's Jammin'
Posts
41
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
450
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 41
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Goomba38 said:
    Melba's Jammin said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and advise.

    Not knowing how much you have of this pot liquor,

    Maybe three cups. Not a quart.

    Quoted message said:

    I initially was going to suggest using it as the liquid for rice. If
    you have enough to use as a base of a soup you should go for it. With
    the butter already in it, a chowder sounds like the way to go!

    Thanks, Goomba.

    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and advise.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and advise.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  4. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it
    from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with
    shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast
    empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and
    chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and
    advise.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    I have it with and without tomatoes, but the tomatoes were apparently
    seeded, and only the harder parts used. The result was not so much a
    tomato-y soup, but a soup with distinct bits of tomatoes in it.

  5. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it
    from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with
    shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast
    empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and
    chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and
    advise.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    I have it with and without tomatoes, but the tomatoes were apparently
    seeded, and only the harder parts used. The result was not so much a
    tomato-y soup, but a soup with distinct bits of tomatoes in it.

  6. Melba's Jammin said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    Use it for seafood risotto or pilaff.

    Bubba

  7. Melba's Jammin said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    Use it for seafood risotto or pilaff.

    Bubba

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Lou Decruss said:
    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily?

    You're probably thinking of Cioppino.

    I think you're right. :-) Whoops!

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    The broth *is* really good. Maybe a few more mussels and some
    whitefish along with my shrimps. Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick
    up some good bread on my way home tonight.

    Quoted message said:


    Sounds good. My preference would be to go the cream route Joe
    mentioned.


    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Lou Decruss said:
    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily?

    You're probably thinking of Cioppino.

    I think you're right. :-) Whoops!

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    The broth *is* really good. Maybe a few more mussels and some
    whitefish along with my shrimps. Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick
    up some good bread on my way home tonight.

    Quoted message said:


    Sounds good. My preference would be to go the cream route Joe
    mentioned.


    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    I have it with and without tomatoes, but the tomatoes were apparently
    seeded, and only the harder parts used. The result was not so much a
    tomato-y soup, but a soup with distinct bits of tomatoes in it.

    As Lou suggested, I believe I had cioppino on the brain. I like the
    idea of soup with bits of tomato in it.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  11. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    I have it with and without tomatoes, but the tomatoes were apparently
    seeded, and only the harder parts used. The result was not so much a
    tomato-y soup, but a soup with distinct bits of tomatoes in it.

    As Lou suggested, I believe I had cioppino on the brain. I like the
    idea of soup with bits of tomato in it.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007

  12. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily?

    You're probably thinking of Cioppino. There's a recipe at the end of
    this that was posted by Dimitri (I think) The February issue of Bon
    Appetite Features a version that is fabulous. Sorry I don't have the
    issue nearby.

    Quoted message said:

    The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Sounds good. My preference would be to go the cream route Joe
    mentioned. I save all our shells from lobster, shrimp and crab and
    freeze them until I've got enough to fill a 12 quart pot. After
    straining and reducing I'll get a few quarts of stock. I make a roux,
    add the cream and a quart of stock and play with whatever spices,
    herbs and veggies I feel like that day. When it's how I want it I add
    a pound of shrimp and a pound of crab meat. Scallops are good in it
    too but Louise doesn't like them. <sigh>

    Here's Dimitri's recipe from years ago.

    Cioppino

    1 lb. fresh or frozen fish fillets
    1/2 lg. green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
    2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. cooking oil
    1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
    1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
    1/2 c. dry white or red wine
    3 tbsp. snipped parsley
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
    1/4 tsp. dried basil, crushed
    Dash of pepper
    1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen or fresh shrimp, cleaned
    1 (7 oz.) can minced clams
    Add other fish if you like such as crab

    Cut fillets into one inch pieces; set aside. In a 3 quart saucepan.
    Cook
    green pepper, onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender, not
    brown.
    Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, parsley, salt, oregano,
    basil
    and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
    Add
    fish piece - shrimp, crab and undrained clams. Bring just to boiling.
    Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fish and shrimp
    are
    done. Serves 6.

  13. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would be
    tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily?

    You're probably thinking of Cioppino. There's a recipe at the end of
    this that was posted by Dimitri (I think) The February issue of Bon
    Appetite Features a version that is fabulous. Sorry I don't have the
    issue nearby.

    Quoted message said:

    The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Sounds good. My preference would be to go the cream route Joe
    mentioned. I save all our shells from lobster, shrimp and crab and
    freeze them until I've got enough to fill a 12 quart pot. After
    straining and reducing I'll get a few quarts of stock. I make a roux,
    add the cream and a quart of stock and play with whatever spices,
    herbs and veggies I feel like that day. When it's how I want it I add
    a pound of shrimp and a pound of crab meat. Scallops are good in it
    too but Louise doesn't like them. <sigh>

    Here's Dimitri's recipe from years ago.

    Cioppino

    1 lb. fresh or frozen fish fillets
    1/2 lg. green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
    2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. cooking oil
    1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
    1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
    1/2 c. dry white or red wine
    3 tbsp. snipped parsley
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
    1/4 tsp. dried basil, crushed
    Dash of pepper
    1 (12 oz.) pkg. frozen or fresh shrimp, cleaned
    1 (7 oz.) can minced clams
    Add other fish if you like such as crab

    Cut fillets into one inch pieces; set aside. In a 3 quart saucepan.
    Cook
    green pepper, onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender, not
    brown.
    Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, parsley, salt, oregano,
    basil
    and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
    Add
    fish piece - shrimp, crab and undrained clams. Bring just to boiling.
    Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fish and shrimp
    are
    done. Serves 6.

  14. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it
    from the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with
    shallots, tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley.
    While mostly liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it
    also contains some slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast
    empty expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick
    and chowdery thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've
    big shrimps in the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and
    advise. --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would
    be tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    The first thing I thought of was bread. LOL. Soak it up, girl! I like the
    idea of adding some more shellfish.

    kili

  15. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it
    from the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with
    shallots, tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley.
    While mostly liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it
    also contains some slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast
    empty expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick
    and chowdery thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've
    big shrimps in the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and
    advise. --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

    I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would
    be tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    The first thing I thought of was bread. LOL. Soak it up, girl! I like the
    idea of adding some more shellfish.

    kili

  16. On Nov 7, 11:32�am, Melba's Jammin' <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels.  The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley.  While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas:  turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think?  Got any better ideas?  I await your counsel and advise.

    Where are the mussels?

    Oh, well... I'd make up a big batch of nicely toasted garlic bread and
    have at it... sop/slurp, sop/slurp, sop/slurp... dago red.

  17. On Nov 7, 11:32�am, Melba's Jammin' <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels.  The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley.  While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas:  turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think?  Got any better ideas?  I await your counsel and advise.

    Where are the mussels?

    Oh, well... I'd make up a big batch of nicely toasted garlic bread and
    have at it... sop/slurp, sop/slurp, sop/slurp... dago red.

  18. Melba's Jammin said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and advise.

    I'd do the chowder thing but I'm biased right now. We went to a
    neighborhood Italian restaurant last night and I had scampi with angel
    hair pasta. It was disappointing.

    Something definitely was missing but I still haven't figured out what.

    I'd use some fish fillets and shrimp from the freezer and par-boiled
    potato cubes, then finish with half-and-half.

    gloria p

  19. Melba's Jammin said:

    I've come into some juice/liquid/broth/whatever you want to call it from
    the preparation of a bunch of mussels. The dish was made with shallots,
    tomato concassé, butter, white wine, S&P and parsley. While mostly
    liquid with a layer of butter solidified on top, it also contains some
    slices of shallot and a few tomato pieces.

    I'm trying to decide what to do with it and racing around the vast empty
    expanse of my brain are two ideas: turning it into a thick and chowdery
    thang or keeping it thin and adding some seafood (I've big shrimps in
    the freezer) and fish.

    Whaddaya think? Got any better ideas? I await your counsel and advise.

    I'd do the chowder thing but I'm biased right now. We went to a
    neighborhood Italian restaurant last night and I had scampi with angel
    hair pasta. It was disappointing.

    Something definitely was missing but I still haven't figured out what.

    I'd use some fish fillets and shrimp from the freezer and par-boiled
    potato cubes, then finish with half-and-half.

    gloria p

  20. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    JoeSpareBedroom said:

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > I think I'd make something akin to bouillabaisse. Adding cream would
    > be
    > tempting, but why mess with what's probably a really good broth?

    I always think of bouillabaisse as involving more tomato. Am I wrong
    or am I complicating this unnecessarily? The broth *is* really good.
    Maybe a few more mussels and some whitefish along with my shrimps.
    Dinner tomorrow night. I'll pick up some good bread on my way home
    tonight.

    Thanks, Joe.

    I have it with and without tomatoes, but the tomatoes were apparently
    seeded, and only the harder parts used. The result was not so much a
    tomato-y soup, but a soup with distinct bits of tomatoes in it.

    As Lou suggested, I believe I had cioppino on the brain. I like the
    idea of soup with bits of tomato in it.

    Right. Bits, but not cooked to the point where they soften and infuse the
    entire concoction with tomato taste.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.