UK and Europe · Public discussion

Were they trying to tell me something?

Started by Jon Senior · · Last activity · 4 posts · 362 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
15 September 2004
Last activity
23 September 2004
Original author
Jon Senior
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
362
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I decided to ride home the long(er) way today which held the chance that
    I might bump into a friend heading back from work. The first problem
    with this was that it involved using the NCN routes.

    Thus follows chancy overtaking of a cyclist who appeared to be dreaming
    and was weaving all over the path (And it was a smooth bit as well!);
    avoidance of the neds with mopeds who are pissing about, and shouting at
    me 'cos I was on the bent (I don't know what they were shouting as my
    English ears are still not tuned to Neddish).

    Then when back on the roads there was the conversation with the bus
    driver who pulled up alongside me in the ASL box.

    [I point at the picture of the bike - he shrugs]
    "Have you read the Highway Code recently?"
    "Doesn't bother me."
    "Doesn't bother you? Right." [Lean forward to take number of bus]
    "It's called knowing how long it takes to brake." Says he, driving off.
    "It's called breaking the law." Says I, wishing I was going the same way
    so I could continue the conversation.

    But... as if this wasn't enough, I then got overtaken by a pillock in a
    BMW while going round a corner. He then turned in to a side street (Dead
    end) so I followed him in.

    [Sat on bike, smiling at him as he turns his car round - he winds down
    the passenger window]

    "At what point did you think that that manoeuvre was a good idea?" I
    ask.
    "I indicated left" He says.
    "You overtook me on a corner"
    "I was already past you."
    "Uh huh" [OK. My wit had deserted me by this point!]

    This continued until I got bored and went home. On reflection, he
    probably thought I was complaining about his left-hand turn into the
    side street, and was completely unaware that his error had been before
    that. I know where he lives mind... I'm almost tempeted to go back and
    leave a note on his car!

    By this point I had realised that I wasn't meant to be cycling today.
    Tonight... I go for a run. On pavements. Round parks. Away from cars. I
    eagerly await the flexi-lead related tripping incident!

    Jon

  2. Jon Senior said:

    ............a pillock in
    a BMW

    I have said it before and I'll say it again because thats three threads
    today that back up my observation. German cars seem to be driven by prats.

  3. "Martin Newstead" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Jon Senior said:

    ............a pillock in
    a BMW

    I have said it before and I'll say it again because thats three threads
    today that back up my observation. German cars seem to be driven by prats.

    I used to drive a German car, and I only drove like a prat. Foruntately I
    woke up and now smell the roses, eat the greenfly etc etc ...

  4. Martin Newstead said:
    Jon Senior said:

    ............a pillock in
    a BMW

    I have said it before and I'll say it again because thats three
    threads today that back up my observation. German cars seem to be
    driven by prats.

    who else would pay the premium?

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

    Love this:
    Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
    http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.