General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Weird shin injury affecting my training

Started by Cartrivision1 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 237 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 September 2007
Last activity
18 September 2007
Original author
Cartrivision1
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
237
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi, a few months back I bumped my shin pretty good against my coffee
    table while vacumning. Did not think anything of it until a few days
    later when showering I noticed that the area was numb. Again did not
    think anything of it but the sensation did not go away after a few
    weeks. There was numbness from the area where I banged it and down
    about 6 inches or more into the top of my right foot.

    In the last couple of days the numbness has spread to the side of the
    leg horizontal to where I originally injured it and it is affecting my
    walking and the running that I have been doing. I feel like I have to
    lift that leg up a bit more before I let it down for whatever reason.
    Is this "drop foot"? Anyway I initially assumed that I had slightly
    damaged some nerves in the area but wonder if it is normal for the
    numb area to grow as it has.

    Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

    thanks,
    Luke

  2. Cartrivision1 said:

    Hi, a few months back I bumped my shin pretty good against my coffee
    table while vacumning.

    Next time get the french maid outfit with the mini, and that won't
    trip you.

    Quoted message said:

    Did not think anything of it until a few days
    later when showering I noticed that the area was numb. Again did not
    think anything of it but the sensation did not go away after a few
    weeks. There was numbness from the area where I banged it and down
    about 6 inches or more into the top of my right foot.

    Hyperbold glycemia. RIP my friend.

    Quoted message said:

    In the last couple of days the numbness has spread to the side of the
    leg horizontal to where I originally injured it and it is affecting my
    walking and the running that I have been doing. I feel like I have to
    lift that leg up a bit more before I let it down for whatever reason.
    Is this "drop foot"? Anyway I initially assumed that I had slightly
    damaged some nerves in the area but wonder if it is normal for the
    numb area to grow as it has.

    Yes, it will rapidly progress until you are numb from the neck up. Oh
    wait I read your post, too late.

    Quoted message said:

    Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

    Yes, but they are all dead.

  3. "Cartrivision1" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hi, a few months back I bumped my shin pretty good against my coffee
    table while vacumning. Did not think anything of it until a few days
    later when showering I noticed that the area was numb. Again did not
    think anything of it but the sensation did not go away after a few
    weeks. There was numbness from the area where I banged it and down
    about 6 inches or more into the top of my right foot.

    In the last couple of days the numbness has spread to the side of the
    leg horizontal to where I originally injured it and it is affecting my
    walking and the running that I have been doing. I feel like I have to
    lift that leg up a bit more before I let it down for whatever reason.
    Is this "drop foot"? Anyway I initially assumed that I had slightly
    damaged some nerves in the area but wonder if it is normal for the
    numb area to grow as it has.

    My brother tweaked the nerve while sleeping in a cross legged position. He
    had drop-foot for about a week, and it cleared up on its own.

    Since your problem has lasted months, and seems to be getting worse, get
    thee to a orthopedist or neurologist (I'd choose the latter, since it looks
    like a nerve problem).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.