General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Weight rooms in Portland, Oregon

Started by Rankin Johnson IV · · Last activity · 3 posts · 341 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 August 2005
Last activity
23 August 2005
Original author
Rankin Johnson IV
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
341
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm about to start a new job in downtown Portland, Oregon (SW 20th and
    Burnside), and I'd like to find a gym near the office. I'll usually have a
    bike at work with me, so anywhere in downtown or NW would be fine. I doubt
    I'd ever use anything besides a weight room; maybe a pool on occasion.

    Any suggestions? Or any places to avoid? I know there's a 24 Hour Fitness
    downtown, and I think there's a Y.

    Thanks,
    /s/ Rankin Johnson IV

  2. Rankin Johnson IV said:

    I'm about to start a new job in downtown Portland, Oregon (SW 20th and
    Burnside), and I'd like to find a gym near the office. I'll usually
    have a bike at work with me, so anywhere in downtown or NW would be
    fine. I doubt I'd ever use anything besides a weight room; maybe a
    pool on occasion.
    Any suggestions? Or any places to avoid? I know there's a 24 Hour
    Fitness downtown, and I think there's a Y.

    Thanks,
    /s/ Rankin Johnson IV

    I work out in east Portland at Cascade Athletic Clubs. That's 20 - 30
    minutes from downtown, so I'm sure out of the question. I've toured the 24
    Hour Fitness locally, and I liked it. I prefer a larger free weight
    section, but it was sufficient. And they had a lot of HS machines, which I
    like for some things.
    --
    -Larry

    "The troll hasn't been born who can troll us worse than we troll
    ourselves." Hugh Beyer

  3. Rankin Johnson IV said:

    I'm about to start a new job in downtown Portland, Oregon (SW


    20th

    Quoted message said:

    and Burnside), and I'd like to find a gym near the office.


    I'll

    Quoted message said:

    usually have a bike at work with me, so anywhere in downtown


    or NW

    Quoted message said:

    would be fine. I doubt I'd ever use anything besides a weight


    room;

    Quoted message said:

    maybe a pool on occasion.

    Any suggestions? Or any places to avoid? I know there's a 24


    Hour

    Quoted message said:

    Fitness downtown, and I think there's a Y.

    Pearl District 24 Hour Fitness
    1210 NW Johnson St.

    Go east on Burnside to NW 12th then north for 8 blocks. Very
    close to you.

    Quoted message said:


    Thanks,
    /s/ Rankin Johnson IV

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.