Cycling Training · Public discussion

weekend warrior - well with food that is..

Started by vic32amg · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,078 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
20 August 2006
Last activity
20 August 2006
Original author
vic32amg
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,078
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I picked up biking several months ago and am trying to lose weight so next year i can really focus on hopefully getting in some local rides and races if possible. My question is currently I weigh about 177-179 lbs. I set my target @ 166 ( 29 yr old ,i'm 6'1.) My problem is durung the week I find it easy to stay on my nutritional program but on weekend I feel like I can " let loose". I don't get wild but for example on weekends i may have a pastry an a latte instead of say just coffee and a peace of fruit. will this habit eventually stop me from reaching my goal? Also I just bought the garmin 305 w/ HR and Cadence so I can better focus my trianing during the week. I'm looking to up my weekly milage to around 200 miles. 30-60 miles on the weekends and shorter 15-30 miles on the weekdays. please chime in with opionions. (more reference if it helps.)When I started my average spd was about 14 mph but lately it has been between 17-19 on flats not including burst to which I find myself cruising about 21 or so. obviously climbs is where I find the most difficulty.

    thanks
    Vic

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.