UK and Europe ยท Public discussion

Was Faringdon Street *always* like this?

Started by Mr R@T \ -Lsqco ยท ยท Last activity ยท 5 posts ยท 406 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
9 August 2003
Last activity
10 August 2003
Original author
Mr R@T \ -Lsqco
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
406
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I wasn't able to ride my bike this week ๐Ÿ™ - I had to go to a training course in London (Faringdon
    Street, EC4).

    But what I did notice was how many cyclists there were going along Faringdon Street - and how clear
    the roads seemed. It was the first time I had been back to London since the C-charge was introduced.

    The cycle lanes aren't up to much (worse than Reading!) but to me it seemed there were *loads* of
    cyclists compared to when I last went to London And there was generally far less traffic. Of course
    there were taxicabs and those in flash cars who could obviously afford the fiver, but the roads
    seemed clear - I found it hard to believe I was in the heart of the City!!

    Is this due to the C-charge? If so, then well done Ken! If this is what London is like post
    congestion charge, this is the best thing that has happened to the capital..

  2. Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) comms room 2 said:

    I wasn't able to ride my bike this week ๐Ÿ™ - I had to go to a training course in London (Faringdon
    Street, EC4).

    But what I did notice was how many cyclists there were going along Faringdon Street - and how
    clear the roads seemed. It was the first time I had been back to London since the C-charge was
    introduced.

    Traffic is *very* light this past week, centre or suburban.

  3. Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) comms room 2 said:

    The cycle lanes aren't up to much (worse than Reading!) but to me it seemed there were *loads* of
    cyclists compared to when I last went to London And there was generally far less traffic. Of
    course there were taxicabs and those in flash cars who could obviously afford the fiver, but the
    roads seemed clear - I found it hard to believe I was in the heart of the City!!

    Is this due to the C-charge?

    Reduced car traffic is, but there's been a steady resurgence in central London cycling anyway in the
    few years before CC was introduced.

    Quoted message said:

    If so, then well done Ken! If this is what London is like post congestion charge, this is the best
    thing that has happened to the capital.

    It is amazingly succesful. I'm looking forward to the zone area being increased.

    ~PB

  4. Mr R@t (2.3 zulu-alpha) comms room 2 said:

    The cycle lanes aren't up to much (worse than Reading!) but to me it seemed there were *loads* of
    cyclists compared to when I last went to London And there was generally far less traffic. Of
    course there were taxicabs and those in flash cars who could obviously afford the fiver, but the
    roads seemed clear - I found it hard to believe I was in the heart of the City!!

    My brother was passing through the Moorgate area the other day, and commented to me that he thought
    there were far more cyclists than he'd ever seen there before.

    Quoted message said:

    Is this due to the C-charge? If so, then well done Ken! If this is what London is like post
    congestion charge, this is the best thing that has happened to the capital..

    .. since [censored]'s bombing was stopped, and children still went to school on public or self powered
    transport.

    --
    Jim Price

    jimprice.dsl.pipex.comjimprice.dsl.pipex.com

    Conscientious objection is hard work in an economic war.

  5. It's the school holidays, a lot of our flash city fellows are off somewhere sordid with
    their kiddies.

    Quoted message said:

    I wasn't able to ride my bike this week ๐Ÿ™ - I had to go to a training course in London (Faringdon
    Street, EC4).

    But what I did notice was how many cyclists there were going along


    Faringdon

    Quoted message said:

    Street - and how clear the roads seemed. It was the first time I had been back to London since the
    C-charge was introduced.

    The cycle lanes aren't up to much (worse than Reading!) but to me it


    seemed

    Quoted message said:

    there were *loads* of cyclists compared to when I last went to London And there was generally far
    less traffic. Of course there were taxicabs and those in flash cars who could obviously afford the
    fiver, but the roads seemed clear - I found it hard to believe I was in the heart of the City!!

    Is this due to the C-charge? If so, then well done Ken! If this is what London is like post
    congestion charge, this is the best thing that has happened to the capital..

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.