General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

warfarin and increase of INR

Started by uplbet · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,456 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 November 2003
Last activity
19 November 2003
Original author
uplbet
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,456
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target
    INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem
    that fortunately (this morning) has then been diagnosed as not
    significant and not related with warfarin.
    This morning (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was
    told to resume warfarin, at the same dosage as before.

    Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR
    over 2.0 again?
    Thanks in advance
    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

  2. I was told that the averaging time is 1 week. Another piece of info:
    When I had a tooth extracted, I was told to go off the warfarin four days
    in advance,

    uplbet ([email hidden]) wrote:
    : I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target
    : INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    : Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem
    : that fortunately (this morning) has then been diagnosed as not
    : significant and not related with warfarin.
    : This morning (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was
    : told to resume warfarin, at the same dosage as before.
    :
    : Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR
    : over 2.0 again?
    : Thanks in advance
    : --
    : uplbet
    : (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

  3. Based on my experience with Coumadin, it will take more than a week,
    probably about 10 days, longer if you eat much green vegetables..

    --

    Herb
    Boulder, CO

    "uplbet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target
    INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem
    that fortunately (this morning) has then been diagnosed as not
    significant and not related with warfarin.
    This morning (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was
    told to resume warfarin, at the same dosage as before.

    Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR
    over 2.0 again?
    Thanks in advance
    --
    uplbet
    (in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

  4. uplbet <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I have paroxysmal afib and have been on warfarin for years with target
    INR range 2.0 to 3.0.
    Last saturday I had to suspend warfarin because of a bleeding problem
    that fortunately (this morning) has then been diagnosed as not
    significant and not related with warfarin.
    This morning (tuesday) coagulation test result was INR 1.28, and I was
    told to resume warfarin, at the same dosage as before.

    Question: how many days will it take me, approximately, to get INR
    over 2.0 again?
    Thanks in advance

    Could be as soon as a few days.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.