Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

waaay OT: black/yellow crash test stickers

Started by jim c · · Last activity · 4 posts · 524 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 December 2004
Last activity
11 December 2004
Original author
jim c
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
524
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Im usually pretty good with google, but Ill be damned if I can find em,
    it would help if I knew what they are called. Looking for crash test
    dummy vinyl stickers...you know black and yellow quadrants like the
    bmwroundel only black anf=d yellow, usually found on the side of a crash
    test dummy's head.

    dont ask

    thanks in advance

    jim

  2. jim c said:

    Im usually pretty good with google, but Ill be damned if I can find em,
    it would help if I knew what they are called. Looking for crash test
    dummy vinyl stickers...you know black and yellow quadrants like the
    bmwroundel only black anf=d yellow, usually found on the side of a crash
    test dummy's head.

    dont ask

    thanks in advance

    Dear Jim,

    I found nothing, either.

    In these degenerate times, such obviously useful stickers
    may simply not exist, since the dummies are painted that
    way.

    (Along similar lines, it is difficult to find high-quality
    silver-dollar-sized stickers featuring roaring hippos in the
    fashion of the MGM lion, a necessity for improving otherwise
    bland Christmas cards--I used the last of mine years ago.)

    You might be able to get what you want by calling a local
    printer and divulging your plans.

    Good luck,

    Carl Fogel

  3. jim c said:

    Im usually pretty good with google, but Ill be damned if I can find
    em, it would help if I knew what they are called. Looking for crash
    test dummy vinyl stickers...you know black and yellow quadrants like
    the bmwroundel only black anf=d yellow, usually found on the side of
    a crash test dummy's head.

    dont ask

    thanks in advance

    jim

    They are not called 'crash test' stickers and for the life of me, I can't
    remember the proper name. Surveyors use a very similar 'emblem' in their
    work, same pattern with different colors. They might know its official
    designation.

  4. Its the center of gravity mark. Anthropomorphic test models are composed of several independent masses. One such symbol is placed on each mass so deflection can be measured on the high speed video cameras.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.