Road Cycling · Public discussion

Vittoria , Continental, Michelin, Air-B? HELP PLEASE!

Started by Fred Moody · · Last activity · 2 posts · 737 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
6 June 2003
Last activity
6 June 2003
Original author
Fred Moody
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
737
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi Everyone,

    I'm a long time butyl rider (currently Nashbar 700 X 18-25) who is thinking hard about making the
    jump to either latex or a latex/butyl
    mix. Primary reason: comfort (back pain, hand numbness), ride quality (silky smooth please).

    I'm mostly a recreational rider who can be coaxed into a tri every now and then. Most rides are
    between 20 and 60 miles with my base loop being around 35 and an occassional century. Average speed
    around 15-16 on my base ride. I'm generally more of a spinner than a masher, though I like to drop
    the hammer sometimes and really fly (especially downhill 😉). I'm 5'11, 185 if that matters in the
    consideration.

    I'm very new to the various advanced materials, pros and cons of each, why/when to mix them (if
    ever), etc. I'd really appreciate any thoughts you guys have on the following makes/models, and why
    I might prefer one to the other (cost aside):

    -Vittoria (latex) -Continental (latex) -Michelin (latex) -Air-B (latex/butyl mix)

    Please don't flame me for being one of those guys with $10.95 burning a hole in their pocket. I know
    I'm in a fortunate situation, and I'd appreciate constructive thoughts.

    Best and thanks in advance, Fred
    PS - please feel free to email me thoughts [email hidden]

  2. "Fred Moody" <[email hidden]> wrote in

    Quoted message said:

    [question about tubes or tires snipped]

    Please ask in rec.bicycles.tech, which is an more appropriate group for your question.

    Thanks,

    JT

    --
    *******************************************
    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit jt10000.comjt10000.com
    *******************************************

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.