Road Cycling · Public discussion

Viewing Brasstown Bald Stage - TdG

Started by psycholist · · Last activity · 2 posts · 822 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
15 April 2004
Last activity
15 April 2004
Original author
psycholist
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
822
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I want to see the finish of the stage of Tour of GA that ends on Brasstown
    Bald. I have a question about logistics.

    Does anyone know how they're going to be handling traffic/crowds on the
    mountain on race day? I can't imagine they're gonna just let anyone and
    everyone drive up the mountain and park wherever they feel like it. But
    what ARE they going to do?

    Does anyone here know any of those kinds of details? My wife would like to
    see that stage finish, but she has health issues and couldn't possibly hike
    up that mountain. I'm wondering if there might be shuttles or anything like
    that?

    The website for the tour doesn't answer any of these kinds of questions.
    I've sent e-mails to the "contacts." No answers yet.

    Thanks for any info.

    Bob C.

  2. "psycholist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I want to see the finish of the stage of Tour of GA that ends on Brasstown
    Bald. I have a question about logistics.

    Does anyone know how they're going to be handling traffic/crowds on the
    mountain on race day? I can't imagine they're gonna just let anyone and
    everyone drive up the mountain and park wherever they feel like it. But
    what ARE they going to do?

    Does anyone here know any of those kinds of details? My wife would like


    to

    Quoted message said:

    see that stage finish, but she has health issues and couldn't possibly


    hike

    Quoted message said:

    up that mountain. I'm wondering if there might be shuttles or anything


    like

    Quoted message said:

    that?

    The website for the tour doesn't answer any of these kinds of questions.
    I've sent e-mails to the "contacts." No answers yet.

    Thanks for any info.

    Bob C.

    I got the answer to my own question. There will be shuttles. If you're
    here looking for details, check out my posts on rec.bicycles.racing.

    Bob C.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.