Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Velocity Deep V Rim Max Spoke Tension

Started by Gig Miller · · Last activity · 5 posts · 723 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 April 2008
Last activity
25 April 2008
Original author
Gig Miller
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
723
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am currently building a set of wheels using Velocity Deep V 32 hole
    rims. Do any of you wheel building experts know what the maximum spoke
    tension these rims can handle? I've looked on the Velocity website and
    on the web but have found nothing.

    Thanks,
    Greg

  2. Manufacturers are usually don't give a spec, but 120kg would be ok.
    What do you weigh?

  3. I am 185lbs

    Ron Ruff said:

    Manufacturers are usually don't give a spec, but 120kg would be ok.
    What do you weigh?

  4. Ron Ruff said:

    Manufacturers are usually don't give a spec,

    yes they do. pick up a phone and call some. or google this group.

    Quoted message said:

    but 120kg would be ok.
    What do you weigh?

  5. Gig Miller said:

    I am currently building a set of wheels using Velocity Deep V 32 hole
    rims. Do any of you wheel building experts know what the maximum spoke
    tension these rims can handle? I've looked on the Velocity website and
    on the web but have found nothing.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    100 kgf on the front and right side rear..for any spoke gauge, same
    tension.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.