rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Unicycle frustrations............a lot like golf.........

Started by duke · · Last activity · 2 posts · 671 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
17 June 2004
Last activity
17 June 2004
Original author
duke
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
671
Views / 30 days
2
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,
    This will be a bit rambling but I hope you all get what I am trying to
    say. I have a 24" Torker CX and a 5' Torker Unistar TX. I find that
    switching between the two unis is a bit frustrating due to the different
    wheel sizes and crank lengths. The Giraffe's cranks seem to be way too
    short and I am always pedaling like hell and not getting anywhere, it is
    very difficult to go up hills too. Do you think longer crank would
    help?

    One day I can ride the giraffe with little problems the next its like
    its day one...??? For example, there are about eight speed bumps on
    post hear and getting over them with the 24" is not too bad. On the
    giraffe I can get over them one day and not on another, where is the
    consistency? I almost had the jump mount down for the giraffe two days
    ago and yesterday I about killed myself trying them.

    I am forced to ride only the giraffe right now, I busted the seat on the
    CX trying to go down a series of steps:eek:. Being in Kosovo, my
    replacement seat will be a couple of weeks getting here.

    What I am trying to find out here is, do you all have "bad" days or is
    it a steady progression?

    Thanks for reading!

    --
    duke - AH-64, UH-1H, OH-58, Uni Pilot

    Duke in Kosovo
    "My Unis are smile machines"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    duke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6747
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33268

  2. I can't offer any sound advice for this particular situation but I can
    tell you that I had/have many problems with consistency when I first
    learn how to do something. Just focus and remind yourself that you've
    done it before you can do it again. Best of luck.
    -Zac

    --
    zactor29 - Sleep Expert
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zactor29's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1253
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33268

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.