Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Ultegra rear derailler, hangup

Started by Per ElmsäTer · · Last activity · 3 posts · 817 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 March 2003
Last activity
31 March 2003
Original author
Per ElmsäTer
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
817
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. For no apparent reason at all my chain seems to catch on the first small cog hanging down on the
    rear deraiiler. Ie as the chain goes from the front rings on the bottom to the rear cogs it will
    all of a sudden not route straight onto the first little cog hanging down on the arm. The chain
    misses the cog and the arm then flexes and it feels like my chain is skipping a cog on the
    cassette. I don't think it does that but it feels like it as the arm flexes. I can see it do this
    when I set it up on the trainer and I can not come up with any reason why it would do this. I tried
    to feel for a stiff chainlink to no avail. I cleaned the whole chain yesterday and oiled it all up,
    everything started after this. Could it be that I did not oil the derailler specifically after
    cleaning it with a degreasing solution? Chain, cogs and derailler have only maybe 1000 km so I
    doubt anything is worn out.

    Hope you understand what I tried to explain 😉

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

  2. perdot-<< Ie as the chain goes from the front rings on the bottom to the rear cogs it will all of a
    sudden not route straight onto the first little cog hanging down on the arm.

    Either der hanger or the rder cage may be bent-

    try to bend the lower portion of the cage-

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. Qui si parla Campagnolo said:

    perdot-<< Ie as the chain goes from the front rings on the bottom to the rear cogs it will all of
    a sudden not route straight onto the first little cog hanging down on the arm.

    Either der hanger or the rder cage may be bent-

    try to bend the lower portion of the cage-

    That was my initial theory too. After going through everything we decided it was an almost worn out
    chain ( 85% ) that had gotten a damaged link when going off the big ring earlier.

    I exchanged it for a new Dura Ace and so far it looks like that solved the problem.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.