General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

U use Patak's Indian sauces?

Started by FERRANTE · · Last activity · 3 posts · 444 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 March 2005
Last activity
19 March 2005
Original author
FERRANTE
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
444
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently stopped by an Indian food store to try and find a curry
    sauce to try and make chicken curry. I was amazed at the number of
    different sauces by Pataks (http://www.pataks.ca/index.html). I ended
    buying two different kinds: the mild curry sauce and a jar of spicy
    ginger and garlic. I can't wait to try both.

    When I came home, I decided to do some surfing and I found another
    Patak sauce I want to try: rich, creamy, coconut cooking sauce
    (http://www.farawayfoods.com/patakcooking.html). Anyone try any of
    these?

    If you have used Patak's, I would like to know your thoughts on it.
    Sharing your recipes would be nice as well.

    Thanks,
    Mark Ferrante

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    FERRANTE said:

    If you have used Patak's, I would like to know your thoughts on it.
    Sharing your recipes would be nice as well.

    I've got a couple of basically made up recipes I use with the Patak's
    hot curry paste. They're pretty rough.

    1)

    Saute a chopped onion in some oil. Add in 3-4 tomatoes, crushed -- I
    just use canned. Saute for a while and add 4-5 tbp of the curry paste.
    Let simmer on lowish heat for ten minutes, maybe. Puree with a stick
    blender. Add chicken and some water or stock to desired consistency.
    Simmer until chicken is cooked.

    2)

    Saute a chopped onion and a finely chopped, peeled russet or two until
    nicely browned. Add 4-5 tbp of curry paste. Saute chicken for a minute
    or two until a bit browned. Add water or stock and let simmer until
    potatoes are really soft and chicken is done.

    Aaron

  3. FERRANTE said:

    I recently stopped by an Indian food store to try and find a curry
    sauce to try and make chicken curry. I was amazed at the number of
    different sauces by Pataks (http://www.pataks.ca/index.html). I ended
    buying two different kinds: the mild curry sauce and a jar of spicy
    ginger and garlic. I can't wait to try both.

    When I came home, I decided to do some surfing and I found another
    Patak sauce I want to try: rich, creamy, coconut cooking sauce
    (http://www.farawayfoods.com/patakcooking.html). Anyone try any of
    these?

    If you have used Patak's, I would like to know your thoughts on it.
    Sharing your recipes would be nice as well.

    Thanks,
    Mark Ferrante

    It is my favorite. I use it in a spinach, yoghurt and potato mixture,
    usually biryani or vindaloo, although I have never had a bad Patak
    product. The Indian guys in the department tell me that it is considered
    inferior to mama's home cooking, but superior to anything else like it.

    --
    Sir Baldin Pramer, R.P.A.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.