Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Tyres in footy colours- stop hoons?

Started by Terryc · · Last activity · 1 post · 479 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
28 September 2006
Last activity
28 September 2006
Original author
Terryc
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
479
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Okay, the bicycle superstore (YALBS) opened this week and one of their
    opening specials was tyres @ $5, so having a nose for a bargain, I
    rocked along.

    Yep on one level you have cheap chinese [censored] and on the other your have
    whatever fits on the BBB marketing display. Bikes were apollo and Giant,
    with the bianchi [censored] up the back ($4,000 for a "goldfinger" {:-)

    Anyway, eventually finds the $5 tyres, just as the "manager(?)" comes
    out of the back room and says "can I help you"[1]. Passed on the 12.25"
    as I already have a spare and this size is a spare for the spare of the
    bob trailer and purchased a couple of slick wannabes for 20". I was
    looking for a pair of 20" for a two wheel bin trailer that I am
    currently building.

    Apart from black or white, there were TWO (ony two) multi-coloured
    tyres. Perhaps I don't get out enough, but it was the first time I'd
    seen them.

    One red & green for the rabbitos/south sydney (NRL) and one blue and
    yellow (eees?)

    I passed for two reasons, I didn't want different coloured and the local
    hoon team is black and gold (wests nrl) or red&white (Swans AFL).

    But I did wander if putting a tyre in the colours of the local footy
    team along with team flag on the fbreglass pole might slow down the hoons.

    Has anyone tried it?

    [1] Even has a floor droid; lanky spotty face in shop uniform that
    avoided me and other customers the whole time, even when I was at the
    counter with the folding stuff.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.