General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Turkey sorta-mess up, but it was still good.

Started by Elana Kehoe · · Last activity · 1 post · 455 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 December 2003
Last activity
17 December 2003
Original author
Elana Kehoe
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
455
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So, we got a turkey for 6 euro. A chicken, at least half the size, was 7 euro. Anyway, we brined
    (according to Alton Brown's recipe), and then roasted. He starts his at a "ripping hot" 500 degrees
    for color, then drops the temp. Well, we did that...except the baby got to the oven and turned the
    temp back up. We didn't realize it for about 45 mins. But since we put foil over the breast, and we
    dropped the temp once we realized it (left it in for another 10 mins at 350), all was good.

    Moist turkey. Nice skin. All cooked (well, I guess it had better be!!) Again, without the brine, I'm
    sure it would have *sucked*. But was nice and good. Now I know I can brine, and I can stop torturing
    turkeys :-).
    --
    It's Tis Herself

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.