Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Tubulars and Tufo Tape

Started by xcskimt · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,311 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 March 2004
Last activity
19 March 2004
Original author
xcskimt
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,311
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have ordered the Ritchey Carbon Tubular wheelset. This is my first excursion into tubulars. I also ordered Veloflex tires. I am thinking of using Tufo tape to help in the mounting the tubular tire onto the rim. I was wondering if anyone has used this product and any advice in setting up the tubular. Thanks

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by xcskimt
    I have ordered the Ritchey Carbon Tubular wheelset. This is my first excursion into tubulars. I also ordered Veloflex tires. I am thinking of using Tufo tape to help in the mounting the tubular tire onto the rim. I was wondering if anyone has used this product and any advice in setting up the tubular. Thanks

    I am presently using Campy Hyperons, and I use Tufo tubulars and the Tufo tape. The tape works wonderfully, and I don't see any reason to use glue. Additionally, I have not yet read of one negative experience from using the tape. It holds VERY well, and you'll be able verify this when you eventually go to change the tire.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.