Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Trek New Bike Warranty

Started by cam117 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,020 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
20 June 2006
Last activity
20 June 2006
Original author
cam117
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,020
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I wrecked both my tires at once on my 2month old Trek 1200 while out on the local bike trail this weekend. I'm an idiot and I hit this curb-sized hump in the road at about 20 mi/hr. I took the bike into the LBS where I bought it so they could put some new tires on. Suprisingly, I walked out with two free new tires mounted on the bike. The LBS owner said it was 'On Trek'. That's cool. Do other manufacturers have warrantys that cover rider stupidity?

    FYI - The tires were Bontager Select Bs 700x25.

  2. Not even Trek has such coverage...

    Your LBS owner decided to cut you some slack and pass the cost to the manufacturer... the manufacturer doesn't cover tires popped by riding into curbs, so he will probably slide them in under the radar in order to keep his customer happy. Heck, even if the claim is rejected by Trek, it is still a small price to pay to keep a customer happy. I wouldn't try it again though. 😄

    I had a single tire replaced because of a different, but just as boneheaded cause as you by an LBS... under inflation. It was on my Giant.

    EDIT: Another reason to patronize an LBS... just try this with an online retailer or department store. 😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.