Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Trek 7.5 FX (WSD?), or Specialized Sirrus

Started by okimer · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,601 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
6 July 2006
Last activity
6 July 2006
Original author
okimer
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,601
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi -
    Am getting back on the bike after a while, and need advice on what to buy.

    Will ride on country roads and bike paths as well as the occasional dirt path. Will ride w my kids (4, 5) and escape from them sometimes to seek a little speed on the road by myself. Since my kids are way too littel to handle traffic, I know we'll be riding on some less than perfect roads.

    My specific q is how versitile are these bikes in terms of the road conditions, ands types of roads I mention above? I like the speed I can get w a thinner tire, but will need to follow my boys on some not so clean streets and paths.

    Are there any other bikes I should consider? Are their any mods I can make to these bikes for less than nice roads?

    thanks in advance for any advice
    Kelly

  2. Hi there, my husband just bought a Trek 7.5 FX bike several weeks ago and he absolutely loves it. The bike rides very smooth and is quite fast. He has no trouble keeping up with my pace (18 mph) and I currently ride a road bike. For what you described I would probably suggest going with the Trek 7.5 FX being you may be on some "not so great" roads. Good Luck!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.