Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Transporting Bikes And Bent Rims

Started by lectraplayer · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,281 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 March 2015
Last activity
20 March 2015
Original author
lectraplayer
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,281
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have been carrying my bikes in the bed of my truck with no problems for years until I started seeing my rear wheel getting wobbly. I primarily ride mountain bikes. Still, I'm thinking my wheels are getting banged around, so I am trying a suspension hammock made of straps to see if that's the problem. Has anybody noticed a change in durability of wheels now?

  2. Stresses to the wheels while riding are magnitues of order greater than any bumps a bike would see laying in a bed of a truck. Other then a bike getting dinged and scrached up from sliding around it is hard to imagine any significant structural damages being done.

    Bent rims? Do you mean the wheels are out of true? If so, that can be fixed with a spoke wrench. The wheels could be poorly built as well, which is the case for most all department store bikes - that may call for a more involved rebuild or replacement.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.