rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Traffic a problem on SF to LA in late May?

Started by Ray · · Last activity · 2 posts · 429 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
10 May 2005
Last activity
10 May 2005
Original author
Ray
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
429
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am planning a ride from Monterrey to LA starting on May 23 (Monday).
    I did this ride last year in mid-April. Last year, Highway 1 was
    essentially empty and the virtually car-less ride was grand.

    I was wondering what kind of traffic to expect on Hwy 1 (between Carmel
    and San Simeon) in late May.

    Do anyone have any experience with this route at this time of the year?

    Thanks,

    Ray

  2. Ray said:

    I am planning a ride from Monterrey to LA starting on May 23 (Monday).

    You'll be a couple days south of me - we're starting from Daly City on
    the 23rd and riding down to Cambria and then Paso Robles for the Great
    Western Rally.

    Quoted message said:

    I did this ride last year in mid-April. Last year, Highway 1 was
    essentially empty and the virtually car-less ride was grand.

    I was wondering what kind of traffic to expect on Hwy 1 (between Carmel
    and San Simeon) in late May.

    Certainly not 'virtually car-less' but I don't remember a whole lot of
    traffic south of Carmel. The traffic there was tended to come in
    bunches as everyone gets in a line behind the slowest driver. Traffic
    picks up much more after Memorial Day.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.