General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

tickle in the chest and gas?

Started by dorothy · · Last activity · 4 posts · 303 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 September 2003
Last activity
26 September 2003
Original author
dorothy
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
303
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was wondering if there is any associatin between getting a tickle in
    the chest when you have gas, and any possible disorder. I also notice
    it more when I lay on my side when I am going to sleep.

    Also I used to think I had sleep apnea because every once in awhile I
    will get this feeling like I can't move when I'm sleeping -- sort of
    like I'm struggling to get a breath -- it used to only happen when I
    was lying on my back, but the other night it happened when I was
    sleeping on my stomach. This only happens about every 6 mos.

    Thanks,

    dorothy

  2. dorothy said:

    I was wondering if there is any associatin between getting a tickle in
    the chest when you have gas, and any possible disorder. I also notice
    it more when I lay on my side when I am going to sleep.

    Also I used to think I had sleep apnea because every once in awhile I
    will get this feeling like I can't move when I'm sleeping -- sort of
    like I'm struggling to get a breath -- it used to only happen when I
    was lying on my back, but the other night it happened when I was
    sleeping on my stomach. This only happens about every 6 mos.

    Thanks,

    dorothy

    Sounds like palpitations to me.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  3. Dr. C.,

    Thanks for the reply. Don't palpitations feel like iregular
    heartbeats, or pounding heartbeats? I used to get those "flutter
    beats" all the time when I had gas, now it seems to have mutated to a
    tickle. I don't feel the heartbeat -- just a tickle -- when laying on
    my side it's more like a VERY faint spasm....

    Thanks,

    dorothy

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Sounds like palpitations to me.

  4. dorothy said:

    Dr. C.,

    Thanks for the reply. Don't palpitations feel like iregular
    heartbeats, or pounding heartbeats?

    Varies from individual to individual.

    Quoted message said:

    I used to get those "flutter
    beats" all the time when I had gas, now it seems to have mutated to a
    tickle. I don't feel the heartbeat -- just a tickle -- when laying on
    my side it's more like a VERY faint spasm....

    Thanks,

    You're welcome, Dorothy :-)

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.