three french cycists heading your way

Peter McCallum

Guest
My friend met up with three very friendly young people doing a world
tour when they stopped in Mackay last night. They're travelling on a
very limited budget and have been on the road for about 8 months now,
recently arriving from South/South-East Asia.

At the moment they are riding from Mackay to Rockhampton and travelling
about 40 to 100 km per day. They plan to cycle to Brisbane and
eventually on to Melbourne.

Because they have a limited budget, they are camping out as much as
possible. If there's anyone on here who would like to put some
international cyclists up for a night I'm sure they'd welcome a
bed/floor/backyard and a warm shower.

Their website is http://www.laterrevueduneselle.com but it's in French.
All three speak English.

I don't have an email address for them but suggested that they keep an
eye on this newsgroup. Maybe people could put contact details here or
email them ot me and I'll pass the info on.

Peter
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Peter McCallum said:
My friend met up with three very friendly young people doing a world
tour ... snip...

Because they have a limited budget, they are camping out as much as
possible. If there's anyone on here who would like to put some
international cyclists up for a night I'm sure they'd welcome a
bed/floor/backyard and a warm shower.

They slipped through Townsville very quietly.
Would like to have met up and quizzed them about touring Vietnam. Would like to tour from Hanoi to Bankok in November/ December.

A bed and a hot shower is a small price for recent travel experiences.

Cheers
Hugh

Marc Bishop <[email protected]> wrote:
> They are more than welcome at our place .... and we speak French!!!!!

Are you in Melbourne Mark?

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Peter McCallum wrote:

> My friend met up with three very friendly young people doing a world
> tour when they stopped in Mackay last night. They're travelling on a
> very limited budget and have been on the road for about 8 months now,
> recently arriving from South/South-East Asia.
>
> At the moment they are riding from Mackay to Rockhampton and travelling
> about 40 to 100 km per day. They plan to cycle to Brisbane and
> eventually on to Melbourne.
>
> Because they have a limited budget, they are camping out as much as
> possible. If there's anyone on here who would like to put some
> international cyclists up for a night I'm sure they'd welcome a
> bed/floor/backyard and a warm shower.
>
> Their website is http://www.laterrevueduneselle.com but it's in French.
> All three speak English.
>
> I don't have an email address for them but suggested that they keep an
> eye on this newsgroup. Maybe people could put contact details here or
> email them ot me and I'll pass the info on.
>
> Peter

When they make it as far as Melbourne, I can offer a room (but no beds,
unfortunately) and a warm shower - and Dave will shout the beer!
Also possible that Dave can dig up a bed...

Yep ... in Melbourne

Beds aplenty at ours ..

"Peter McCallum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1h27jky.1i3kiik1c6f2ssN%[email protected]...
> Marc Bishop <[email protected]> wrote:
>> They are more than welcome at our place .... and we speak French!!!!!

> Are you in Melbourne Mark?
>
> --
> Peter McCallum
> Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Hi Marc,

I am Anne, one of the french cyclists.
Thank you for your message and your welcome in Melbourne. We will be in
this area in almost one month.
We are at the moment at Noosa Heads.
Thanks very much.

Anne

Marc Bishop wrote:
> Yep ... in Melbourne
>
> Beds aplenty at ours ..
>

> "Peter McCallum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:1h27jky.1i3kiik1c6f2ssN%[email protected]...
> > Marc Bishop <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> They are more than welcome at our place .... and we speak French!!!!!

> > Are you in Melbourne Mark?
> >
> > --
> > Peter McCallum
> > Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Hello,

we are now near Brisbane but we would be pleased to give you
information about the road we did from Vietnam to Thailand.

My email adress is :

[email protected]

bye

Anne

french cyclists said:
Hello,

we are now near Brisbane but we would be pleased to give you
information about the road we did from Vietnam to Thailand.

My email adress is :

[email protected]

bye

Anne
If your heading West youve got room and board out here. :p
cheers
Mick

trek-man <[email protected]> wrote:

> french cyclists Wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > we are now near Brisbane but we would be pleased to give you
> > information about the road we did from Vietnam to Thailand.
> >
> > My email adress is :
> >
> > [email protected]
> >
> > bye
> >
> > Anne

> If your heading West youve got room and board out here. :p
> cheers
> Mick

west of noosa or west australia? probably best to say which west you are
talking about.

peter
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Peter McCallum wrote:
> trek-man <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > french cyclists Wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > we are now near Brisbane but we would be pleased to give you
> > > information about the road we did from Vietnam to Thailand.
> > >
> > > My email adress is :
> > >
> > > [email protected]
> > >
> > > bye
> > >
> > > Anne

> > If your heading West youve got room and board out here. :p
> > cheers
> > Mick

> west of noosa or west australia? probably best to say which west you are
> talking about.
>
> peter
> --
> Peter McCallum
> Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Hello Peter

How are you ?
Thanks for your advices. We had a good road up to here ! We are in
Byron bay now.
We posted you a message on our forum (i don't know if you saw it)

Bye

french cyclists <[email protected]> wrote:

> Peter McCallum wrote:
> > trek-man <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > If your heading West youve got room and board out here. :p
> > > cheers
> > > Mick

> > west of noosa or west australia? probably best to say which west you are
> > talking about.
> >
> > peter
> > --
> > Peter McCallum
> > Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

> Hello Peter
>
> How are you ?
> Thanks for your advices. We had a good road up to here ! We are in
> Byron bay now.
> We posted you a message on our forum (i don't know if you saw it)
>
> Bye

Had a look, glad you found the inland road better than the highway.
Byron is great place to visit, as are most of the smaller coastal towns
in NSW. Hopefully someone on here can offer advice on routes and maybe
offer some accomodation in Sydney.

Peter
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

french cyclists said:
Hello,

we are now near Brisbane but we would be pleased to give you
information about the road we did from Vietnam to Thailand.

My email adress is :

[email protected]

bye

Anne
OMG! The Vietnamese village girls you have in your Ha-noi photo's are the exact two that I spoke to when I was there. You met them at Sapa right?