The Thread about Nothing....

How does the Look ride? I'm sure I've said ten times over the years that I had some old cartridge Suntour hubs that were as smooth as fark. I can't remember what I did when them.
To fat to ride it and haven’t glued the tyres in yet. It will be a couple of times a year bike. The hubs are Sansin, who made the hubs for Suntour. These are very very nice, at least Sprint quality, maybe even Superbe. Quality shells and lock nuts, and smoooooth. Kind of a titanium/bronze anodise on them. Sansin track hubs are near identical to Superbe Pro and had NJS certification.

Reactions: 531Aussie
Speaking of GCN, those old bike/cheap bikes vs new/expensive "tests" they do annoy me, because they clearly favour the new stuff, usually because modern aero wheels make the biggest difference. I guess they've gotta keep their sponsors happy.
Yeah, I reckon they are ********. Yes, the new bikes are lighter and stiffer and on a circuit at a set wattage will be faster, but the biggest difference are the wheels and the lower gearing on really steep climbs.

There’s one video he is shitting it descending the Kemmelberg on a C40 while on the modern bike zooms down. I call rubbish. A C40 would have a longer wheelbase than a modern bike, would handle fantastic (something Colnago’s get credit for), and there is absolutely nothing wrong with braking performance on mid 90s dura ace dual pivots on ambrosio rims. ****ing Armand de Las Cuevas was clocked at 121kmh by radar in the Giro one year on a Maxisport branded Cyfac with Dura ace. Those 90s bikes handle fine.

Wow! A second grand tour won by an Australian. Just need an Australian cyclist to take the Vuelta and we can claim the full set.

Reactions: classic1
classic1’s review of Top Gun: Maverick.

Capitalist running dog imperialist aggressors using jet fighters cowardly target peaceful uranium enrichment plant, designed to power industry in democratic Islamic republic and heat the homes of many humble and devout followers of Allah.

Heroic martyrs die defending the holy mother country from the international Zionist new world order cabal and will go to paradise to spend the rest of entirety with 100 virgins. Jihad declared, many sons of dogs will be drowned in their own blood in vengeance Allah al akbah dirka dirka.

Also, the movie was significantly less homoerotic than original, and the 1980s called and asked for Jennifer Connolly's eyebrows back.

No stars.

classic1 also reviews the trailers

Some dinosaur movie. Looks retarded, but entertaining.
Some movie with a chick living in a swamp.,looked ok.
Some movie with Elvis and Forrest Gump. Forrest Gump has sucked in every role since Batchelor Party..

Classo, have you seen the Power of the Dog by any chance? Would love your thoughts on it.

I had to look it up, but then I have a vague recollection Sam Elliott carried on about something, the Jane Campion carried on about something, but it was all very boring and I fell asleep. I can state with confidence it's **** though, because chick's don't direct westerns.

I forgot to review the trailer of that Uber movie. Here it is. Wait for it...

"Taxi!"

classic1’s review of Jurassic World Dominion

It was a retarded incoherent mess, but entertaining. Dinosaurs fighting and eating people is never not entertaining.