The Thread about Nothing....

Yeah it does. I had it in Jan and for a month or so after, easy rides were at 140bpm+ when they should have been sub 90bpm. Was really concerned for a while there.

Still a bit ****ed from it now. Struggled in a crit last week in melb that should have been **** easy. The heart side is fine, but just don't have the usual top end. Mind you I only had bad symptoms for about a day, if I wasn't training I probably wouldn't have even known I had it. I wouldn't have expected this heart, lung, and fatigue-related stuff to linger for a month or two.

Pre covid 7-800km weeks were the norm and were being managed well. This week, i'll be lucky to get 200km in and I'm feeling pretty trashed right now.

The best thing you can do is don't get the ****ing thing.

How are you fairing now?

I think that I recently had it. I'd been isolation for a week with four family members that were all positive when my symptoms started (aches, chills, nausea, headache, funny feeling throat, occasional sneeze and cough) but somehow I was PCR negative???

I'm now doing my rides at 100bpm on my rollers with my wattage in double digits. I'm not feeling up to going any harder than that.

Does the UCI now allow disc brakes, or this is a special thing for the cobbles?

And to throw in a bit of baseless speculation ..... I reckon Peter Sagan might have long Covid.

That’s a fun project Mr A. Is it going to be a full resto/fix up job or more of a tidy up and add extra bits to make it go quicker or such?

That’s a fun project Mr A. Is it going to be a full resto/fix up job or more of a tidy up and add extra bits to make it go quicker or such?
Yes Wil, she's a beauty. I'm going to keep it standard, apart from the suspension and a few creature comforts (decent sound system, a high-quality canvas soft top with a heated glass rear window (instead of vinyl with the plastic window), useful LED headlights etc).

I won't bring it up to 'concourse standard', 'cos I think I'd be too precious with it then. But it's going to be very nice by the time I've finished with it.

For a 32-year-old car, it's in very good nick. It was my brother's, and he was very diligent about the mechanical things, though not so anal when it comes to cosmetics like I am. But it needs a hundred little jobs done to see it into the next decade. Like replacing the air conditioning, all the cooling system hoses, door to window seals (which have turned into bakerlite) and a ton of preventative maintenance stuff. And a bit of body work after a kangaroo tried to tear off the headlights (I've done an approximate fix which will do for now). I already have all the parts - ordered in from all over the world - I just need to bite the bullet and take it off the road and get it all done.

The suspension's already been done with some very noice coilovers and underbody stiffeners. Has nice Yokohama tyres. Sticks to the road like a gocart.

I love it, and so does My Beloved. She's thrilled to have a manual car to fang around in again since she gave up her Toyota 86.

DGJNGhZ.jpg

Last edited:
Who else is working on a project car? Or any project for that matter?

And was anyone aware that Beepers just sailed halfway up the eastern seaboard in a very old oversized wooden canoe?

Yes. Here he is. Picture taken by my aunty at Woolgoolga. He just happened to message as he was sailing past, so I messaged aunty June to have a look.
Resized_20220430_170834.jpeg

20220402_160247.jpg
My project. Just waiting on brake levers. The ones I had, NOS sealed in original bag turned out to both be left hand levers. Good thing I didn't pay for them. Also waiting on nicer tyres. Equipment is Suntour Superbe Pro, bar the seatpost and headset, which are Shimamo 600.

20220427_214051.jpg

I have a car in bits. I haven't touched it in two years, but I reckon that I have now sourced most of the parts that I need.

2020-05-03 11.34.02.jpg

Reactions: classic1
Yeah, why not? There are a few things in the photo that should point you all in the right direction.

It's older than that.

Early Interceptors were actually made from 1950 to 1957. The 1960s and 70s models were the second generation.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some of the fashion choices here have me questioning their capabilities. I mean, if you can’t dress yourself properly in the morning how can we take you seriously?

Harry high pants’s boobs hanging over the pant waistline is interesting, as are the high top shoes, what look like Dunlop volleys, the shirt done up at the neck (haven’t seen that since paisley shirts were last trendy back in 1991) and the hot pink belt.

DDEFD96C-DD2F-4714-A289-718CBAEF0E6A.jpeg

Last edited: