The Thread about Nothing....

You know how in the old days rock and roll musicians learnt three chords and applied their life experience and fury to those three chords?
The new generation are doing better scholasticallly, but they lack passion.
OK fine they sometimes have passion.
Is it OK if I wish they could learn all the chords and do it better?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/7gwHdpoCbsY

Reactions: steve
20220129_115715.jpg

Love the do not touch sign and the bloke leaning on the spoiler of the carrera gt

Cut to the TT later in the week. Walton has 'got the gear'. Clip on bars, disc, helmet, he's here to race. Dave Mann is race leader, Coors Light team, he's got the gear too, and is a beast. Dad words up a mate on the photographer bike to come up alongside occassionally on the wind side. He has an inexperienced commasairre in the van. Ace. Good warm up behind the van. Walton is motivated, switched on, in the bubble. Dads screaming time checks, lying that Walton is a few seconds down. Walton buries himself. His moto mate is coming up and sheltering every couple of kms. The clincher......dad is driving a metre off Waltons back wheel. Walton changes gears and the van nearly hits his back wheel. It's a massive advantage. Ok, its cheating lol. Walton wins the TT by a second....

Dad, 30 years ahead of INEOS.

FNQ4-ykWQAEJk8L.jpeg

So I grew up in South Australia with GodBotherers, moved on, got my plumbing trade in Lismore, couldn't escape fast enough, got on with life in Sydney, and I've finally become a decent man in Tassie. Some of that is by the bye.
And then you get phone calls and texts from people you knew when you lived in Lismore, and you call people you knew when you lived there, who still live there, and you get sad stories and sad photos about properties for which there are no insurance policies, and you go Ouch.
Screenshot (4).png

Now that is the second floor not the first. You can see the hangers for the footpath awnings. And it went 3 metres higher than that.

Screenshot (6).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
classic1 Review: Body Heat

This movie gets rated for some reason but I thought it was really stupid.

A really **** lawyer played by William Hurt starts rooting a young hottie played by Kathleen Turner, who is married to a rich ****. Hurt totally does his balls over her because she gobs him off, swallows then goes reverse cowgirl on him. This has never happened to him before on account of the **** dorky 80s moustache he has in the movie. Also, he’s Lionel Hutz bad at lawyering.

They kill rich husband **** for the money, but Turner double crosses Hurt and sets him up to take the fall while she has assumed the identity of a college friend she’s bumped off. Ultimately she shoots through and takes the money left to her in the will. It was obvious even to Hurt this was gonna happen but he’s a massive ******** and has done his balls over her, so falls for it completely.

In the end hes in jail getting interviewed by the cops, spelling out his theory but there is **** all the cops can do about it.

Hurt has the last laugh though, as recent pictures show Kathleen Turner is old, fat and really ugly, so he dodged a massive bullet.
DPF William Hurt

Oh wow 14 degrees. Feels like 9.2 says the BOM. Pretty good. I might turn the music up and pop outside for a ciggie.
Any song suggestions for the eve of a new Formula 1 extravaganza?

Oh dear. One of my aunties died suddenly this morning. Married to mums brother. She went into hospital a few days ago after hurting her back after a fall. 70, been with my uncle since they were teens. I can’t even begin to imagine how uncle Dennis is feeling at the moment.

I knew it was bad news when the phone rang at 7am, thought it was about my sister, who has covid atm. Pretty **** news to wake up to.

classic1’s Oscar review.

**** me. Jada Pinkeye Smith starts losing a bit of hair and shaves her head she's an inspiration and her **** knuckle husband goes off his tits about it when someone hangs a bit of ****. I lose hair and shave my head I get called "a bald ****". Where's my ticker-tape parade? All them ableist ****s teasing me waaaaaah.

Defending her “honour” when it’s common knowledge she’s been stabbed by more pricks than a second hand dart board. He should be less worried about his wife’s name coming out of Rocks mouth, and more worried about the dicks coming in his wife’s mouth.

Chris Rocks major crime is being an annoying unfunny ****.

I have no idea about any of the movies that won. Literally none. Did Predator win anything? If not, robbed again.

Reactions: Wilchemy
774F03EB-A0CA-4AD2-A4D6-05CA6E41F0C8.jpeg
Lolz. I had no idea Joyce McKinney was still alive. She’d be 68 or even older, not 58.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manacled_Mormon_case

The reason I know a bit about this weirdo was because there was a big article about the “manacled Mormon” case in People magazine in I think 1979, as well as an article on the Melbourne six day, in which dad was heavily featured.

Dad WORKED every day bar the Saturday and Sunday during the six. He’d work a full day at APM Maryvale (near Morwell), drive to Coburg straight after work, race the six, come home, sleep, go to work….. The writer from People was amazed. So am I to be honest. I’ve still got that mag in the shed somewhere.

Condolences Classo.
Just spoke to an old mate from Lismore again tonght. They're underwater again.
Did any of you realise that the power has been off for four weeks? I didn't until tonight.
Wow. That's an amazing control of propoganda.
If any of you wish to vote Liberal in the upcoming Federal election I'd like you to explain such stupidity in detail
I'll give you my phone number in a PM.

That’s one point. We forgot to nominate our ********, as a tie breaker. Mine is Kissinger