The Thread about Nothing....

It must be shite, 'cos I know folk who have had diverticulitis and their tales of woe and pain are pretty harrowing.

There no real consensus on what causes it. Some say nuts and seeds, low fibre diet, blah blah. I reckon I know what causes it with me. Foods with processed flour, mostly pizza and pasta. I can't digest them promptly, it gets clogged in the pocket, then I'm in strife. I still eat pizza and pasta, just not as often, and half as much as I used to. Once I'd eat big bowls of pasta once or twice a week. Now once a fortnight, and way smaller serves with a leafy salad on the side.

I had an attack the other week after a pig out. Recognised the signs early and went liquid diet for a couple of days. Sorted it without antibiotics which was good, but had to take sickies because had a crook guts and was shitting every hour. I got hospitalised with it twice last year (surgeon reckons the first infection hadn't cleared up), and once the year before.

Also, I'm setting up a charity for diverticulitis awareness. I'll be CEO. My salary will be inline with the lifestyle I wish to become accustomed to.

Was this the last update?

Deadpool success, matagi on the scoreboard with 10 points, plus a 5 point ******** bonus. With picks that have a low point value but high likelihood of imminent death, ma may just be the dark horse in this years competition.

f5834d5c-6de5-47b0-8a1d-3cbbc30199db-jpeg.5006
Deadpool No change since July. We should call it fail pool.

Hey team,

calling for DeaPool nominations. Three. You can name someone you've named before, as long as it wasn't in the 2021 Pool.

And I think we'll scrap our points based on age, but keep the ******** bonus. This was the 2021 field:

f5834d5c-6de5-47b0-8a1d-3cbbc30199db-jpeg.5006

No 2021 selections. Spice it up Pauly!

I reckon keep the ******** bonus and dates so they can be used as a tie breaker, with ******** selection taking presendence.

Yep, no 2021 repeats.

And, okay, we'll keep the birth dates as well - just in case. Here's my ancient actors themed picks...

John Cleese - 27 October 1939
Maggie Smith - 28 December 1934
Clint Eastwood - 31 May 1930
Judi Dench - 9 December 1934

Last edited:
Marion "Suge" Knight 19 April 1965
Henry Kissinger 27 May 1923 (******** pick)
Imelda Marcos 2 July 1929 (a shoe in. Geddit?)
Don King 20 August 1931

I've picked 4 arseholes. Only Kissinger is responsible for the death of millions though

RIP Betty White
Looks like matagi wins the 2021 Dead Pool with a collect right on the buzzer! Congrats to you Ma!

Reactions: paulambry
Don't think so. Betty not worth many points on the 2021 scoring, 10 points only.

Roshea wins from classic1 on count back.

Ah well I guess you were running the Pool so you know how the scoring system works.
I was going on the basis that 2 correct predictions was more than anyone else.

Reactions: paulambry
Ah well I guess you were running the Pool so you know how the scoring system works.
I was going on the basis that 2 correct predictions was more than anyone else.

I like the idea of younger "winners" being worth more points - it rewards picks other than people like Kane Tanaka, who is 100% going to feature this year.

My 2022 picks:
Harvey Weinstein - March 19, 1952
Allan Peiper - April 26, 1960
Neale Daniher - February 15, 1961
Tom Parker - August 4, 1988 (this Tom Parker)

Congratulations roshea on your 2021 TAN Dead Pool championship.

A beautifully illuminated certificate and **** off huge trophy, topped by Leon Spinks actual death mask, are currently in transit to your front door via Couriers Please. I mention them, safe in the knowledge that even if I had sent you a certificate and trophy I may as well not have bothered as it won’t turn up anyway.

“Couriers Please - when it absolutely, positively has to get somewhere but you don’t really give a **** exactly where”.

Reactions: roshea
I like the idea of younger "winners" being worth more points - it rewards picks other than people like Kane Tanaka, who is 100% going to feature this year.

I agree... but we had such a poor showing last year, I thought we would invite some obvious choices to bump up the results.

Three huzzas on your win Roshea.