UK and Europe · Public discussion

TfL winter cycling advice and discount voucher

Started by John Hearns · · Last activity · 3 posts · 604 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
5 December 2005
Last activity
6 December 2005
Original author
John Hearns
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
604
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/safety-security/winter-safety.shtml

    There's 20% off a few decent things in Evans, I don't know how
    this compares with other sources. But gift horses etc.

  2. "John Hearns" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/safety-security/winter-safety.shtml

    There's 20% off a few decent things in Evans, I don't know how
    this compares with other sources. But gift horses etc.

    A quick look shows that the Evans voucher brings their prices, after the
    discount, into line with everyone else ... and don't get me started on why
    the CTC ever let Evans have their "club shop" deal........

    RG

  3. RG said:

    "John Hearns" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/safety-security/winter-safety.shtml

    There's 20% off a few decent things in Evans, I don't know how
    this compares with other sources. But gift horses etc.

    A quick look shows that the Evans voucher brings their prices, after the
    discount, into line with everyone else ... and don't get me started on why
    the CTC ever let Evans have their "club shop" deal........

    OTOH I recently bought some campy shifters and rear mech. I price
    checked wiggle against parkers (parkers were cheaper) only to find that
    the ctcshop had them at the same price (before the members discount) as
    parkers meaning that I could have saved an extra GBP8. The Evans
    branded site also has them at the same price as parkers (but without
    the possibility of a discount) so whilst I agree that Evans are usually
    not cheap it is not a universal truth

    best wishes
    james

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.